You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl Rose: the extended interview (Adelaide Now)

Sky Dog wrote:

I must say. I don't find the Axl/Slash thing remotely interesting anymore so I didn't read any part where he discussed Slash.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

To be fair, though, this:

"I apologize to anyone I've inconvenienced or put out in any way."

Is all I wanted to hear. Not a justification, or an evasion, just a straight-up apology taking responsibility for the late shows. 'Cause what annoyed me, having been through the experience of a late show, and seeing casual fans leave disgruntled, was seeing the constant stream of jokes about how he's never been punctual, ahahaha.

So, y'know, fair enough. He apologised, and I'm happy with that.

I dont buy it. At first I thought the apology was cool, then he went on to say:

"perhaps you'll find some comfort in that I'm sure I've lost tens of thousands, if not millions, more - especially in the long run."

Which rubbed me the wrong way, its like he's said "I'm sorry, but...wah wah wah poor me too".

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

For what it's worth, I think Axl doesn't actually do these interviews. I think it's "Management"

I said that a while ago...it sounds like someone trying to sound like Axl.  My guess is they answer all the questions and run it by him really quickly - and the only answers he might have changed were the long winded ones.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Something cool Axl said in this was that he might be open to re-mastering AFD.

I don't really want any parts added, I'd keep the original performances, but the mastering could use a spruce up with modern tech!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

What would you change?  I think the album is perfect.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Well it could be over exposure to the "loudness war" in mastering talking....but basically i think the performances are perfect (please Axl no overdubs of anyone)...but the mix is a little dated (obvious stereo pan etc) and the mastering is at 80s levels...which is why it sounds quiet and sort of old compared to a modern rock album.

You could take the same performances and really liven it up sonically so the drums slammed more like a real kit...and so that it was all more immersive and sounded less like an 80s record sounds and more like it sounds when slash plays live.

johndivney wrote:

monkey have u heard the mfsl appetite remaster? it's p sweet. if you haven't already it's well worth tracking it down.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Axl, you wouldn't be half as successful or rich without Slash. So give it a rest.

imsorry wrote:

I've long time ago remastered the whole GN'R disco and its really good only used the best in iTB world if u guys wanna check here is its so easy http://www.sendspace.com/file/0e4sw9 .It's not ultra loud but its around -10.5  db loud enough .

Board footer