You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Axl Rose: the extended interview (Adelaide Now)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

monkey have u heard the mfsl appetite remaster? it's p sweet. if you haven't already it's well worth tracking it down.

Ok...thanks to gibbo I now understand this is a company called Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs....I fully thought you were talking about some forum user called MFSL...who could be like MSL with some swearing added big_smile

I'm now very curious to hear what that does sound like. It's really interesting that there's already another master out there all be it in rare form.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

No one on management thinks everyone needs to be positive about everything all the time.

This whole positive / negative thing is so confusing to me.

For the life of me sometimes I can't tell if the glass is half empty or half full:

hot-girls-drinking-alcohol.jpg

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

In more modern times I wonder if he's slightly obsessive about technical aspects of the show - now he's the boss of everything that he knows it will fall on him if anything goes wrong and so he perhaps spends a lot of time analysing those aspects that can delay him being ready, and, it's also entire speculation from me, but I've wondered at times if perhaps he has anxious moments or something too and maybe needs to psyche up a bit some days to be rock-star-axl.

I recall Baz saying that Axl used to look at him work up the crowd (during the 06 tour, maybe) during his set, and that Baz's performance sort of set the bar for Axl himself on the night. I could definitely see that friendly competition thing between frontmen going on there, but that sort of alludes stagefright (or whatever you would call it) would still be an issue with Axl.

Given how he's managed by Team Brazil (as indicated by Eddie Trunk's producer among others), how he's told about interviews at the last minute as he'd otherwise be freaked out for days, etc., I can imagine him obsessing over any given shows production value. The problem seems to be that he often appears to get only so much information beforehand, which can obviously lead to bad judgment. On the other hand, he's the boss of it all in the GNR camp like you said and he can be downright strident if he so chooses - look at the berating Beta and the literal Team Brazil got after they were invited on stage during the latest Rock in Rio. "Whose fault is it?"

A lot of it is Axl's fault in the long count (because he IS the boss of it all in GNR), but he does put forth a good deal of effort once he actually gets on-stage. As long as the performance is good, people do tolerate his shtick more.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
faldor wrote:

In fairness, I wasn't aware Axl was miserable during the 2002 NA tour

The dudes appearance, the constant slagging off of the old band, dodging the question of when will the record come out... I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, but I always felt slightly embarrassed by the 02 Axl. The Mickey voice didn't help. He reappeared in 2006 as a completely different person, more like the one I used to see.

Don't get me wrong, looking back at it now, it's plain to see.  But I would've never guessed the night I saw them in Hartford in 2002, they'd follow that up with a kickass sold out show at MSG and then the tour would implode right after that.  I mean, I guess the signs were there, again looking back at it.  But if you had been to or seen the shows the week prior to him no showing in Philly, it might have come as a surprise.  It certainly did to me.  I had planned on seeing them again in Vegas for New Years that year, but obviously that didn't happen.  Luckily I didn't go ahead and purchase tickets ahead of time.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

No one on management thinks everyone needs to be positive about everything all the time.

This whole positive / negative thing is so confusing to me.

For the life of me sometimes I can't tell if the glass is half empty or half full:

http://seduccionysuperacion.com/wp-cont … lcohol.jpg

When you put it that way, it doesn't seem to matter that much now does it?  Thanks!  I needed that. 22  (the picture that is)

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I have the 24 k version of appetite. It is awesome. But, it is only meant to reproduce the original mastering but on a cd. If u remember back then a cd was limited what it could capture from the master tapes. I bought it in 1999.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Smoking is that the gold CD version from MFSL we're talking about or something else?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, gold appetite. Supposed to be an exact reproduction, the way it was supposed to sound. Superior clarity, etc.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Board footer