You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Checkmate and why hasn't it leaked?

Scabbie wrote:

If you ask me Checkmate doesn't sound that special.

Guarantee when a new album is finally announced (if ever) a few leaks will surface from the hoarders

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I saw your post about Ron and the reaction....idiots...pure and simple.

Yeah. Like I said over there: Lesson learned. In the future, I'll save that type of stuff for boards where I don't get trolled immediately for trying to help set the record straight hmm

Can somebody give ma short version of what happened?

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

Wait, isn't MyGNR supposed to close in 11 days? Or did that UK Subs guy save it?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
otto wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Yeah. Like I said over there: Lesson learned. In the future, I'll save that type of stuff for boards where I don't get trolled immediately for trying to help set the record straight hmm

Can somebody give ma short version of what happened?

NKN: I'm not sure. They seem to always be claiming the site is closing soon.

Here's the story Otto-

Some guy named "rickpeters" showed up and claimed that he worked for GN'R for a while including the Vegas run. He went on about how much new music he's heard and so on. mygnr let it go for at least 11 pages or so even though his primary focus seemed to be just slamming BBF. He claimed to have witnessed several arguments between Ron and Axl, saying that Ron was close to being fired, etc.

After a while I asked Ron about it just to get clarification for myself. Ron told me it was complete bullshit, said he never fought with Axl once in Vegas and that I was free to post that. Just to be nice, I posted what he said and got immediately trolled by the losers over there.

Russ,

In all honesty, that experience describes in a nutshell the vast difference between this board and MyGNR, and in my humble opinion, why this board is far superior.  The response you got was uncalled for, like so many of the posts there, but the contrasting response here shows how great this board is in terms of the maturity level and courtesy of everyone here and is ultimately a compliment to you and the staff here for creating an environment that rises above the pettiness that weighs down MyGNR.

So, sorry that happened.  It was shit, and I knew that might happen the moment you posted that.  But, be proud of what's been created here.  It's truly a beacon and shining example for other GN'R boards to aspire to.

Ali

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

That board is just stupid. Its like there is a race to call anybody that actually has inside information or posts some other legitimate information a troll, whatever side of the ledger they are on.

They would rather wallow in the mud flinging childish insults at each other than dare engage in some type of intelligent dialogue.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They need to just let that board die, already. It'slike a bad soap opera. Either it's shutting down or it isn't. Either way, I don't see the worth in keeping it around at this point as it seems to just be around for the amusement of trolls to act like jackasses.

I blame jarmo 16

Ali

Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

They need to just let that board die, already. It'slike a bad soap opera. Either it's shutting down or it isn't. Either way, I don't see the worth in keeping it around at this point as it seems to just be around for the amusement of trolls to act like jackasses.

I blame jarmo 16

Say what you will about Jarmo and his views, but the kind of childish and petty insults I mentioned before don't happen at HTGTH, either at all or not nearly with the same frequency, because of how strict Jarmo is.  I, for one, appreciate that.

Ali

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

It doesn't happen here either but everyone is able to express their views on the band freely...

Ali

Ali wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

It doesn't happen here either but everyone is able to express their views on the band freely...

Understood, but at the time, I was comparing MyGNR and HTGTH, not GNREvo and HTGTH.

Ali

Board footer