You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: My album is finished! (Oh Boy 3AM!! MWM)

otto wrote:

Downloading it now... Will let you know when I get to listen to it later on today..

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Well, I have to be honest.. I didn't like it very much sad

BUT

Art is art and ideas come to fruition and the more you play and record, the best the outcome is, so keep on recording and writing!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Dude..thank you so much for those kind words and giving your honest opinion on whether you liked or not. It means alot and yes I agree. It's cool if you didn't like it. Need to hear many different opinions ya know. I'm going to keep putting out ideas and trying them out. Practice makes perfect. Trying out so many different sounds. Have a few song ideas in the works; but not going to be recorded at the moment. Finishing up some songs and getting some new concept ideas together with my friends/band mates hopefully sometime this summer.

I really appreciate some of you guys taken the time and giving your thoughts. It means alot! It was a great experience making this. Tried to get some ideas that were in my head for awhile now.

Me_Wise_Magic

Any other thoughts or feedback from you guys? Would like to hear anything you have to say. I can take it! 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm having a listen to it tonight, thanks smile

Sounds interesting, I'm not really super familiar with the genre but seems like you've put a lot of work into it smile

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'm giving it a spin later tonight. You want me to hold back in my review?

Me_Wise_Magic

Post any thoughts that you have about the album as much as you want. Don't hold back. I'm not going to be angry or bitter. No axl behavior from this guy. 16  I'm open minded to criticism when it comes to this.  As long as it's constructive and has feedback then it's fine with me. We're all friends here and happy to hear what you liked and disliked and what could be improved on in my future endeavors. Go for it. smile  The album is free anyway and I'm proud of what I did with the tools I had at my disposal. Can't wait to hear Monkey's, your, and other users reactions. I know I need to get a better editing and production software since mine was free and it came with the basics and some cool studio effects that I experimented and tried out. Just want to say a couple things that I want to do with this thing down the road. Really want to get this thing mixed in a proper studio setting with maybe a few bonus songs and edit the production a little more in the near future when I have the time and money to rent out studio space. There is one not too far from my house; but I kind of need money for college and other things atm. Messed with some audio levels and learned new skills while looking up various things I could try out. Going to invest in Pro Tools and other equipment later on. Some of the songs production you can thank my bro Moe who isn't on this forum; but was an essential part in not only supporting this album; but encouraging and allowing me to use various session work we did and other songs he worked on to add to the mix. Wanted a sort of live raw kind of sound on some songs and fixed a ton of stuff that's posted in the album folder that originally wasn't on the versions posted on my sound cloud profile. Wanted to experiment with arrangements and originally I wanted to do a haunted choir kind of thing with Calling; but it just didn't work with my friends and others schedules; so i changed it up. Loved using my dad's acoustic guitar cause he doesn't play it anymore; so it was in my room in a very old case. So was happy to play some of it and add that to the album too.  Also my dear Neheah's song writing was amazing on what she was able to do with songs that were either already done or in the works. Hope to collaborate with her again real soon and either write songs for the both of us or something. I was depressed and my thoughts were racing when it came to coming up with new ideas and thinking about life and making this album really helped calm me and was inspiring in a sense. I think it was after Kraken's original demo release or Blissful is when I wanted to make a full 12 to 13 song album and release it online. Next songs will probably go more in a personal direction and there is some of that put in bits and pieces on some of the album; but wanted to have some fun.

I was looking for a rock sound on some songs; but that may go into a new recording in the near future. Right now I'm waiting on a friend and class mate of mine to finish up his mobile phone game that may feature some tunes & sound effects I made and want to write and record some demos for the band I'm a part of called, "Moose in the Supermarket" featuring myself, Moe, and my bud Sean who has an amazing singing (opera) deep voice and can play piano and some other instruments as well as program and edit synthesizer/electronic music through software on his computer. He can write compositions for a variety of pieces and I want that to show when we ever decide to meet up and jam in the summer. May release an EP of session work edited songs and then a concept about Edgar Allan Poe that would inspire all three of us. Depends. Don't know when that will come out; but we have a few songs online that just need some proper mixing, audio, and edit adjustments. big_smile

Just some stuff I wanted to share real quick.

Enjoy!

For other updates, demos, and content:

https://soundcloud.com/phillip-bortner

New version of That Chick that I had to fix at the last minute while looking over the album a little ago. Thought I fixed it the night of the album's release. Oh well. lol

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1QqgxT … kydUU/edit

Album download for those that haven't seen the earlier posts yet. (Just right click the folder after the download, drag anywhere on your computer, and extract the folder)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1QqgxT … 1GTjg/edit

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Google wants me to switch to chrome, then it wants my password... I swear to God, if it were a person I would punch it in the face.

Me_Wise_Magic

sorry it's being trouble for ya dude. I would have put it on Mediafire or another file storage site if it accepted the folder properly. Google Docs did; so I just used that even though yeah Chrome can be shit sometimes.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I clicked on the soundcloud page as I wasn't sure what exactly I was supposed to be listening to from there, and what I did listen to just sounded odd... 10

No offense, but I'm not really into electronic music. It's just not my cup of tea, so I'm probably not the best to ask for an opinion about it. 14

Board footer