You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Bob Ezrin talks Axl and Chinese

buzzsaw wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The dueling guitar parts are still there.  Locomotive is a perfect example.  I think they just don't sound dueling to the untrained ear because the same guitar is playing both parts.

Your perfect example is a Slash only song. Izzy doesn't play on Locomtive, it's all Slash.

I'm well aware of that, otherwise both parts wouldn't have been played on the same guitar.  It's dueling guitars nonetheless.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Bob Ezrin talks Axl and Chinese

The longer it took to put out the first post-Illusion Guns record of original music, the better that record had to be. There's just no justifying losing Slash/Duff, spending millions, and waiting years to release something that's just average-to-good. I probably sound stupid for pointing out something that obvious, but when I read this my first thought was 'wow, 2001.... they should've just put whatever out and kept writing. that's so long ago.' Knowing that it took until late 2008 for it to finally come out, it feels that way. But in 2001, it had already been a decade since UYI. Putting out an underwhelming product probably already felt like a completely unacceptable outcome. I don't think Axl believed it was really ready, or he would've put it out. Maybe he felt like he was ready to be a rock star on the international stage again (those aborted tours proved him wrong though) and anxious to have an album to use to get to that, but there's one common theme of stories about ChiDem I've come to believe: the stuff wasn't genius, even Axl knew it.

The shame is that he let the record and anticipation surrounding it fester so long that saying it 'wasn't genius' became a devastating insult.

Board footer