You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Duff McKagan on His Sensual, Sinister New Band, Walking Papers

Lomax wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Fucking hell, why didn't they get Jeff Angell to front Velvet Revolver?

Watching these videos, I'm thinking exactly the same thing.

The dude sounds like a grittier Scott Weiland with more soul and range in his singing.
VR could've made some great modern rock with this guy up front.

Duff brought him down back in 2003 to try out:

"I hoped at some point I would do something with Jeff; we're good bros and we share a similar path in certain aspects,” he tells Rolling Stone .  “Early on, when we were looking for singers for Velvet Revolver, I brought Jeff Angell down, about 2003.  I've had a relationship with him and wanted to work with him for that long."

source: http://rock947.com/news/articles/2013/m … -revolver/

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Riad wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Fucking hell, why didn't they get Jeff Angell to front Velvet Revolver?

Watching these videos, I'm thinking exactly the same thing.

The dude sounds like a grittier Scott Weiland with more soul and range in his singing.
VR could've made some great modern rock with this guy up front.

Duff brought him down back in 2003 to try out:

"I hoped at some point I would do something with Jeff; we're good bros and we share a similar path in certain aspects,” he tells Rolling Stone .  “Early on, when we were looking for singers for Velvet Revolver, I brought Jeff Angell down, about 2003.  I've had a relationship with him and wanted to work with him for that long."

source: http://rock947.com/news/articles/2013/m … -revolver/

Why didn't they bring him back when Weiland left? WHY? Goddamnit, when I think of the opportunities VR has passed up…

Lomax wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Why didn't they bring him back when Weiland left? WHY? Goddamnit, when I think of the opportunities VR has passed up…

I really don't get it either. It's such a waste. But hey, at least we got walking papers now. They are quite great.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

The more I listen to Angell's work – I've just bought both albums from The Missionary Position – the more convinced I am that they need to get him to front Velvet Revolver.

Board footer