You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS return with CHESTER BENNINGTON as their FRONTMAN!

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Certainly sounds interesting.

I love Scott with STP, but at moments in the song, Chester sounds quite similar to Scott, and the instrumental side of things sounds pretty cool.

He sounds nothing like Scott. His vocals is too whiney and high pitched.

Yep, again, your opinion is the be all end all isn't it... 10

If you can't hear some similarities, maybe you need to check your ears.

Just because you clearly don't like Chester, doesn't mean he doesn't sound a little like Scott in parts on this new track.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I love Scott with STP, but at moments in the song, Chester sounds quite similar to Scott, and the instrumental side of things sounds pretty cool.

Yep, again, your opinion is the be all end all isn't it... 10

If you can't hear some similarities, maybe you need to check your ears.

Just because you clearly don't like Chester, doesn't mean he doesn't sound a little like Scott in parts on this new track.

Dude no offense intended but you`re the one who needs to clean ears from grease. He sounds nothing like Scott, his voice is too polished and sugar coated. What`s with these passive aggressive jabs ?

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

There's nothing more passive aggressive about my posts, than you quoting me and telling me I'm wrong, making out that your opinion is the only valid one here.

Scott didn't sing baritone all the time on STP songs, and his higher pitch is similar in parts to some of the vocals Chester is singing.
I didn't say he sounded exactly like him, I said it sounds similar in parts, and I stand by that.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

There's nothing more passive aggressive about my posts, than you quoting me and telling me I'm wrong, making out that your opinion is the only valid one here.

Scott didn't sing baritone all the time on STP songs, and his higher pitch is similar in parts to some of the vocals Chester is singing.
I didn't say he sounded exactly like him, I said it sounds similar in parts, and I stand by that.

Holy shit, how I dared to voice my opinion. I did n`t say you were wrong or right or anything I just expressed my view on the subject. Yes, Scott did n`t sing baritone all the time, but he sang most of the time and like you, I , too, stand by what I said Bennington doesn`t sound like Scott at all.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

^ Nothing wrong with having a different opinion, but this sounds like you telling me I'm completely wrong.

If you can't hear similarities, then I don't know what else to say.

But maybe you shouldn't let your clouded judgement of Chester's "whiney and high pitched" style interfere with listening to the song, and you might hear the similarities in parts that I can hear.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

^ Nothing wrong with having a different opinion, but this sounds like you telling me I'm completely wrong.

But maybe you shouldn't let your clouded judgement of Chester's "whiney and high pitched" style interfere with listening to the song, and you might hear the similarities in parts that I can hear.

I fail to see how me saying " Bennington does n`t sound like Scott " can be interpreted as " You`re wrong and only my opinion matters ". I`ve digested that tune zillion times already and still don`t see any similarities between Chester`s and Scott`s voices maybe I hear things differently, I don`t know. Let`s end this discussion here apparently none of us gonna change our minds and it`s futile.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

I fail to see how me saying " Bennington does n`t sound like Scott " can be interpreted as " You`re wrong and only my opinion matters ". I`ve digested that tune zillion times already and still don`t see any similarities between Chester`s and Scott`s voices maybe I hear things differently, I don`t know. Let`s end this discussion here apparently none of us gonna change our minds and it`s futile.

Whatever dude.

But next time you feel like saying that Chester doesn't sound like Scott, don't you quote me, and say He sounds nothing like Scott. in response me to me saying he does.
Because that my friend gives me the impression that you're telling me that your opinion is the only one that counts.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Whatever dude.

But next time you feel like saying that Chester doesn't sound like Scott, don't you quote me, and say He sounds nothing like Scott. in response me to me saying he does.
Because that my friend gives me the impression that you're telling me that your opinion is the only one that counts.

Lol. OK, whatever.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm not well educated in STP but would you guys say Scott has a definitive sound?

To my ears he's always sounded a little different through their music.

You know like sometimes he's a bit like Kurt Cobain, sometimes like Eddie Vedder, a tiny bit of Layne Stanely here and there, and some of his work is almost a little more beatles sounding or something to me.

To me he's kind of hard to pigeonhole...I guess live in VR he often had a certain sort of mid-range gravely sound....

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'm not well educated in STP but would you guys say Scott has a definitive sound?

To my ears he's always sounded a little different through their music.

You know like sometimes he's a bit like Kurt Cobain, sometimes like Eddie Vedder, a tiny bit of Layne Stanely here and there, and some of his work is almost a little more beatles sounding or something to me.

To me he's kind of hard to pigeonhole...I guess live in VR he often had a certain sort of mid-range gravely sound....

he`s very versatile, like a chameleon he`s changed his vocals to adapt all bands he was in. He`s highly influenced by Vedder and Staley but by no means he`s a Layne or Eddie knockoff like many label him.

Board footer