You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: May 24, 2013 - Rockalahoma, Pryor, OK

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah he wasn't too bad but Estranged is a hard song to judge his vocals on.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
jonesy wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Obviously he's only human but I think if he came out in 2006 style shape and form vocally people would be more likely to tolerate no-slash - but no slash then you make people wait and you're not on your A game and people will call you on it.

Yeah, that's the beef right there. The level he is at now overall seems a million miles away from 2006. Shame, I really enjoyed the 2006 performance, looks, and effort he put in.

The best year for New GNR. More acceptance too. Axl was a whole different monster. The energy and voice were just so up there man. He seemed like a man truly on a mission.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...2006 Axl reminded me of an older more secure version of 1991 Axl.

Someone who while they may have had some issues had harnessed that anger and that bullshit and used it to smash themselves to the top of their field by shear fucking force of will almost.

Like you see that guy and it seems right that he's fronting a major band, that he has a mission etc.

What's interesting is that other times Axl doesn't come across in the same way. I wonder why it is and how it relates to his life. Is he happier now and so just contented? Or has he proved enough that he doesn't need to take on the whole world anymore? Or has his life under the microscope made him routine focused and anxious? Is it just natural ageing? Are their bigger health concerns we aren't made aware of? Has the world broken his fighter spirit? Will he eventually return stronger than before (like in 06 he seemed superior to 02). Who knows.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I like how all the apologists are out lol

im honestly through w Axl embarrassing the GNR name and legacy

its went beyond lame at this point

ill post here n there on this section but until he stops being a lazy ridin on the coattails of the old band douche I no longer am interested

what a shame

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I'm with D. This is absurd. if you want to be a touring act, parading around without the band that helped you get to where you are and not release music or play new songs.
atleast be worthy of your own invidual musical contribution to the songs as the lead singer. if you want to be a live act then perform like it. dude sounds terrible.
an hour a day of vocal exercises for 4 weeks before the tour would allow him to sing like 2006 MINIMUM.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

I like how all the apologists are out lol

im honestly through w Axl embarrassing the GNR name and legacy

its went beyond lame at this point

ill post here n there on this section but until he stops being a lazy ridin on the coattails of the old band douche I no longer am interested

what a shame

i don't think anyone is apologizing for anything. Just calling it the way they see it.

In other news. More goodwill from Axl and the band.  A signed Axl guitar went for 8k in an auction for the tornado relief. And

@EddieTrunk: By the way, there is a 2nd guitar signed by @axlrose & all of @gunsnroses & will be auctioned off online for tornado relief. Details soon

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
war wrote:

I'm with D. This is absurd. if you want to be a touring act, parading around without the band that helped you get to where you are and not release music or play new songs.
atleast be worthy of your own invidual musical contribution to the songs as the lead singer. if you want to be a live act then perform like it. dude sounds terrible.
an hour a day of vocal exercises for 4 weeks before the tour would allow him to sing like 2006 MINIMUM.

Seriously? You think he sounded that bad in those 2 clips? I thought he sounded fine, especially compared to some of his other 1st attempts after some prolonged rest.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

Even though Axl sounded better than he normally does during the first show after time off, he still wasn't very good. Sounded winded and was still frequently using the Mickey Mouse voice in the YouTube vids I've seen

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He sounds ok here. Not good. Not terrible.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Axl does n`t want to release new music plain and simple. 2010 Axl was the best vocal wise since 93.

Board footer