You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: May 24, 2013 - Rockalahoma, Pryor, OK

At least they could do is use The General orchestral intro before they start up CD like they did a few years back. What no Shackler's or Better either? Damn.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Wow, what a great mix up from the usual sets we get, Oh wait.... 14

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
faldor wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
faldor wrote:

What did he say that was bullshit exactly?  He said they'd be playing a mix of old and new songs.  Just like they have been for the past decade.

His biggest bullshiting lie was when he said in 2010 that new album was " right around the corner, they`ve been  throwing bunch of ideas back and forth and new album won`t take so long, he promised " . 3 years have passed since then and there`s no sign of a new album except vague comments from Richard and Dizzy.

I don't think DJ has anything to do with how quickly a GNR album gets released. Those aren't necessarily lies he told and who knows, some may actually come to fruition.

That`s the tragedy, no one has say in anything except Axl and from what I see he has no intention of putting out Chinese Democracy leftovers, let alone, making completely new album from scratch. Ashba should n`t give promises he `s unable to keep, very simple.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Like all the other guys did? Ashba's said nothing here that all the other members haven't said in the past. If you don't like him fine but you can't single him out for criticism for doing exactly what every other member has done.

As for the show, meh. The CD world tour continues it seems.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Like all the other guys did? Ashba's said nothing here that all the other members haven't said in the past. If you don't like him fine but you can't single him out for criticism for doing exactly what every other member has done.

Don't let it get to you, it's clear he just doesn't like DJ, and is just baiting for response.

For all we know, DJ may very well be pushing for all the things he's mentioned TO happen, but as always Axl has final say and it doesn't.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Interested in how he sounded. No quality vids yet. Hopefully better than the last go round.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Some comments on the show

"They sounded horrible.....we left early"
" Huge fan but I left early too. He sounded horrible and played songs no one cares to hear... Late on top of it but to be expected.. Crowd started leaving after two of new songs played. He is axel"
Amanda Alicia Snider Sitting here falling asleep.....i can't understand half of what he is singing
Jason Frazer They sucked. He can't sing on beat. He is ether fucked up on something, or to old. Give it up.
@BjKopriva 2m
Dj ashba killed it tonight at rocklahoma!!!

"Thanks ROK for taking my VIP money (which was paid in advance before the lineup was announced) and spending it on this garbage. 30 minutes late to the stage just to suck vocally with 3 guitar players playing the guys part you had last year (Slash). Axl sucked. Out of tune. Off key. Waste of money. Bring in the bands that actually care... This ROK is a fail so far."há 16 minutos via celular

Jessica Ross I am insulted and pissed off we pay lots of money for the tickets to see all the bands and to have a member of his crew come up and tell us because we have a nice professional looking camera we might want to put it away cause he didn't want pictures taken of his pompous ass with his purple lips. Told us they would hate to see anything happen to our camera since its a nice one. Then to be 40 mins late and not even apologize. I would never pay money to see axel play. You could barely understand a single word. Very disappointed Rocklahoma on your choice of headliner this year.

Ding Gullberry Rutherfurdminskin He was 30 minutes late. But the good thing is we got to listen to extra dance/techno music. And hear Eddie Trunk call a tornado a hurricane.

Madison J. Brown To have a woman, who said she worked with "the band" meaning GnR come up to me and tell me I have a nice professional looking camera was cool. But to also have that woman who said she worked with the band tell me I can't take pictures because Axel's bitch ass didn't want picture taken any closer than 50 yds with anything better than I cell phone was an insult. She went on to say " I can't tell you what to do but I would hate to see something bad happen to your nice camera" is also an insult and taken as a threat. Axel Rose is a sorry excuse for a human being as well as a performer. I payed over $1,000 for tickets to this event and to have 1 band say I can't take a picture of them because my camera was too nice . Screw you Axel Rose !! You have sucked at everything you have tried to do in your career so yea why change that by showing respect to the people that made you. Rocklahoma you should NOT have made them a headliner. And I still may see what can be done about the threat that bitch made on his behalf !!!

Haley Bell Have you ever wished you could unsee something...... Axl Rose you broke my heart tonight. I didn't expect you to be perfect, but I sure didn't expect you to sound like a bad karaoke version of yourself .What happened? How sad........I refuse to let this be how I remember you.

Welcome To The Jungle

chinese democracy
welcome to the jungle
it's so easy
mr brownstone
estranged
rocket queen
richard fortus solo
live and let die
this I love
dizzy reed solo (no quarter)
catcher in the rye
you could be mine
Dj Ashba solo (mi amor)
sweet child o mine
jam
another brick in the wall part 2
november rain
objectify
don't cry
knockin on heavens door
jam
nightrain
encore
jam
patience
the seeker
jam
paradise city

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Standard 1st show review then! Why do they insist on kicking off with massive shows when it's always their worst performance of the tour!?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

As predicted apparently, though I'll wait to see if something surfaces to say those people were just bitching.  Pretty clearly either not fans or people with autocorrect issues with their spelling.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Bit hard to tell too with a festival show, as a result you will get a whole range of music tastes and so some people won't like what they do regardless of how good they sound.

I will be interested to read what any hardcore gnr fans who were there say.

That said, history seems to suggest that their first show of a new round of touring tends to be a bit of an abortion, Axls voice that is, the band is usually spot on from the get go.

Board footer