You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Slash and Paul Tobias

Smoking Guns wrote:

Son of a Gun, you do know that Page overdubbed every live concert footage he has ever done, including the one he did recently at the O2 arena. I live page, but his strength wasn't chops, it was all the other things I listed. As a pure player only, he is behind Beck, Hendrix, Clapton, but I prefer over both Clapton and Beck, even though the other two may be better players.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Son of a Gun, you do know that Page overdubbed every live concert footage he has ever done, including the one he did recently at the O2 arena. I live page, but his strength wasn't chops, it was all the other things I listed. As a pure player only, he is behind Beck, Hendrix, Clapton, but I prefer over both Clapton and Beck, even though the other two may be better players.

Yes, I know still he`s much better player, songwriter and composer than Slash, Beck and Clapton combined  ever were and ever will be. Only Blackmore equaled Page no one else.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Michael Schenker, Gary Moore, John Sykes, Zakk's Wyde, YJM, EVH are also amazing players. Is Page better then all them too?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Michael Schenker, Gary Moore, John Sykes, Zakk's Wyde, YJM, EVH are also amazing players. Is Page better then all them too?

No way, Jimmy Page is the best guitarist ever in the whole history of guitar playing EVER, and the rest suck donkey balls.... 14 14 14 14 14

We really need a sarcasm icon... 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Page was/is great, but Page could never play Anastasia, EVER!!!!!!  Often live Page was a train wreck as well.  Page is an all time great to me though.  His writing, recording, and tuning, production was amazing.

I think Page would kill himself before he played anything like Anastasia. Period. 16

Slash is a good player, but let's not get silly here.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Anastasia is a badass guitar song. Great intro. Great riffage. Great solo.

Sky Dog wrote:

Duane Allman kicks all their asses...period.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Page was/is great, but Page could never play Anastasia, EVER!!!!!!  Often live Page was a train wreck as well.  Page is an all time great to me though.  His writing, recording, and tuning, production was amazing.

I think Page would kill himself before he played anything like Anastasia. Period. 16

Slash is a good player, but let's not get silly here.

How you dared to say something like this on GNR forum. You`re obliged to worship Slash.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The fuck ?

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:

I know crybabies here will get their panties in a knot reading this post but who cares suck it up. Slash is very good player no one desputes that but to say that he is better than Page or Jimmy can`t play  " Anastasia " is just ...... whatever.

Board footer