You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Slash and Paul Tobias

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Anastasia is a badass guitar song. Great intro. Great riffage. Great solo.

If you like that style of music, then yes. I'm not a fan of the song or style, but I understand he's a great player. Outside of GN'R, I'm not a fan of really anything of his. I do love his skill and style when covering other songs:

Fucking killer 9

This really goes to my theory that he does need a better supporting cast to really shine. Snakepit, The Conspirators, even VR wasn't really bringing out his best.  Axl, Slash, Richard, Mother Goose, Frank, Tommy would be a very interesting band, imo. If he were open to it and could co-exist.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am NOT saying he is better than Page at all. Just saying he has more technical chops. That doesn't make him an over all better player, but in a guitar battle he wins.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am NOT saying he is better than Page at all. Just saying he has more technical chops. That doesn't make him an over all better player, but in a guitar battle he wins.

I think you would walk out of a guitar battle between Page and Slash with the same idea of who you thought was better that you walked in with. It's all subjective. But Buckethead would blow them both out of the water. wink

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I love that cover.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I've listened to it three times so far since I put it up.  16

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Great visual too. Especially when the light is shining below him and they zoom in from afar. Killer.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I uploaded the original version of that to you tube. I was first a d it had like 7,000,000 views. Then I got kicked off YouTube for posting something that don't belong to me. Then 50 other peeps posted the same video. I lost all my vids and had to create a new screen name.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just watched Hey Joe again, awesome vibe there

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I'd love Slash to write a song with that woozy blues vibe with Myles singing in his lower register - get Myles out of his nostrils and into his chest, he sounds much better there.

Board footer