You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Leaked GN'R Songs Thread

imsorry wrote:

Me_Wise_Magic  try this one  https://soundcloud.com/gnr_remixes/guns … going-down the guitars arent so hard panning let me know what u think!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Oh dude...I love this version! Makes the song so much better. I can listen to all the parts at a solid level. Track feels balanced within the mix. Great job!

Bloodflower
 Rep: 8 

Bloodflower wrote:

I actually really really like Going Down.  Just a classic sounding rock song. My only problem is the guitar solo. It's pure crap. A solo for the sake of a solo that has nothing to do with the song, doesn't fit the song at all, adds nothing to the song and in fact detracts from it. It's moments like that when it's just impossible not feel your heart sink a little bit knowing Slash isn't there to add his 2 cents.

Sky Dog wrote:

agree....the solo is a wank fest

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Dude, I think the solo is killer.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

Solo like the whole song is meh

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

misterID wrote:

Dude, I think the solo is killer.

Yeah I like it. Has a cool groove to it that would work with as a song to be for a Chinese re-release, EP, or new album.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Someone @MyGNR met Ron recently at a Jakarta gtr clinic and asked him about Going Down.

Why don't you play some fresh GN'R stuff, like Atlas Shrugged or GD, or OMG?

Ron wrote:

Well, GN'R are Axl's stuff, and I don't wanna get into trouble by playing someone's stuff. Its just not mine. Well, the opening was made with me and robin and bucket tinkering it *play the intro of GoingDown song* well, I am not supposed to say anything about the leaks, but, thats what i actually do, I talk, I break Axl's ball right now.

Do you contribute much on CD album?

Ron wrote:

not quite, the songs were done, and my job is only creating Ice and Fire in several songs.

Will [Going Down] be released officialy?

Ron wrote:

yeah, hopefully. It will be released, trust me.

What happened to GNR in the first half of 2011? Guns seems so quiet, and I notice Axl is weaker than before.

Ron wrote:

we do nothing. I do my own stuff, and so the other band members. Oh, really axl is weaker? lets see in 2014 what he turns to. (this is interesting for me, could the 2013 breaks let Axl do some excersice and get him fit again?)

His English is a bit off, but what the gist of Going Down is that Robin, Bucket and Ron all contributed to it at various points. This makes it a song from the early naughties, the Better/Sorry/Shackler -era.

Funny how Ron mentions Fire and Ice  - Paul Buckmaster used the exact same words to describe the orchestrations he did for CD. Must be an Axl idiom big_smile

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Wasn't fire and ice a specific descrption of Prostitute rather than CD in general?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Probably so. The point remains, I find it amusing that two people who work on the same project, unrelated to each other, describe their work in an exact same way. The most obvious connection between them two is Axl, so the phrase could've originated from him in this context.

Board footer