You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Leaked GN'R Songs Thread

Gibbo wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

Heres all 3 for anyone whos doesnt want to download them

edt: removed

They got shut down quick

I have never wanted to watch anyone be fucked to death by angry wolves as much as I have that UziSuicidal LLC prick.

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

i can bet Izzy wrote "Going Down"...typical Izzy song

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Tommy wrote it, go listen to his solo stuff esp on VGH.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_1gh9JXJ40

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

JIP wrote:

Nah, that's absolutely and completely a Tommy Stinson track. It sounds exactly like the songs on Village Gorilla Head and One Man Mutiny. Makes you wonder if any of those were earmarked for GN'R before he finally got sick of waiting. In fact, given that about half the tracks on Tommy's solo albums feature GN'R members (Fortus, Dizzy, Josh Freese), it's kind of funny that the only thing that really marks this out as a GN'R track are the backing vocals from Axl.

kitt13
 Rep: 0 

kitt13 wrote:

Phuck Me please

briburge
 Rep: 0 

briburge wrote:

Would love to hear this song

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Only heard Going Down once but I liked it, like others have said it felt like an organic song rather than something pulled together on a computer.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
JIP wrote:

Nah, that's absolutely and completely a Tommy Stinson track. It sounds exactly like the songs on Village Gorilla Head and One Man Mutiny. Makes you wonder if any of those were earmarked for GN'R before he finally got sick of waiting. In fact, given that about half the tracks on Tommy's solo albums feature GN'R members (Fortus, Dizzy, Josh Freese), it's kind of funny that the only thing that really marks this out as a GN'R track are the backing vocals from Axl.

When the Slash's Snakepit - Village Gorilla Head comparasion appeared on the net (both Slash and Tommy getting sick of the waiting and releasing the "GN'R songs" under their names) someone from the Axl camp said that Tommy consulted Axl and only used songs Axl didn't want, insinuating that Slash took wanted songs, too.

Sky Dog wrote:

I have said for a decade that Tommy is the ONLY guy ever in new Gnr that has the original bands spirit....he was a young prick in The Replacements thus you had his snide Gnr comments at the time but they were competition...like Nirvana etc...In the end, once he started playing the old bands songs, he obviously had an appreciation for them.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Leaks:

The acoustic Better was interesting, it'd be a gem as a B-side or on a remix album. I really liked the music, it was very creative how they turned that electric stuff into this soft and clean, alive music. Axl's vocals were hurting though sometimes. With less music going around, it screamed for rerecording. I haven't noticed till now that some of the Better vocals are Street of Dreams/Madagascar cathegory bad.

DJ Better. I liked the different intro, but the rest only took away from the album version. The most frightening thing is that they reworked an already released song! 18  Makes me wonder if those rumours were true and Axl really wanted to rework and rerelease CD in 2009. roll  If they're still tinkering with the CD songs, then I don't know when to expect a new creative era.

Goin' Down. Sounds like more of an Izzy solo song than a Tommy tune, but I wouldn't say it's not a Tommy song. I'm not a 14 Years fan, but this one makes 14Ys epic. Pretty forgettable. The solo is awul, out of place, out of style. Goin' Down and Silkworms on the same album would be more eclectic than Duff's drunk solo self-belief album. I don't know why they go back to this music style without Slash and Izzy, it can only be worse than the original. The only good thing was that, like others mentioned, it sounded like something organic, and not some cut-and-paste lifeless tinkering through the ages.

Anyway, at least there is something.

Board footer