You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Leaked GN'R Songs Thread

Olorin wrote:

Ok I listened to the DJ version of better... I gotta say I liked it, after all I'd read earlier I thought it was going to be an abomination, but its not. This isnt a rerecorded version of Better with DJ replacing Robin, its just a remix he's made up and I think its pretty cool, it sounds about as much as i'd expect from a B-side remix and I'm not disapointed at all. If this was supposed to be a re-dux, and relaunch a rerecorded album then it would be a crushing disapointment, but its not, its just a basic remix for whatever reason, just a bog standard bonus song on a b-side most likely - I like it smile

Sky Dog wrote:

I do too...and everybody knows I am not a DJ fan....cool to hear new shite either way

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

The Ron version of better... again I like it, his playing is immense... its just a shame theres the same old Axl track instead of new Axl  vocals running to the vibe of this song, it would be so much more powerful if it was just Axl and Ron busting it out in harmony.
Again its just a bonus B-side or whatever, it wasnt made to set the world on fire, just a novelty and I like it. More for some of Rons slick skills though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't think anyone should look at Going Down as a single or a "Big Gun" or anything like that. It was simply a song the band put together, something a lot of us have complained about with this band, wanting the other guys to contribute and I think it sounds pretty killer. Matter of fact, I even love Bumble's solo.

I dont think it was a song the band put together. I think it was a tommy left over song, that Axl and Bumble just put their parts over.

I disagree.  One man Mutiny was a "band" song, actually. I don't doubt this was something the band put together. Sounds like it could be something that Richard would be a part of.

Sky Dog wrote:

it's fine....a fully mixed and mastered version would be great...a song put together in the same way songs were put together on UYI

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't think anyone should look at Going Down as a single or a "Big Gun" or anything like that. It was simply a song the band put together, something a lot of us have complained about with this band, wanting the other guys to contribute and I think it sounds pretty killer. Matter of fact, I even love Bumble's solo.

I dont think it was a song the band put together. I think it was a tommy left over song, that Axl and Bumble just put their parts over.

I disagree.  One man Mutiny was a "band" song, actually. I don't doubt this was something the band put together. Sounds like it could be something that Richard would be a part of.

And yes, One Man Mutiny was a Gnr song as three members play on it....Tommy then turned it in to an album. Tommy could have been Axl's Izzy if he wanted too because there are multiple songs on Tommy's 2 solo albums that could have worked as "Gnr" tracks....or close to old school Gnr tracks.

Cowboy Buddha
 Rep: 1 

P to the M, please...

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

Oh when I say band, I meant Axl and BBF included.

I am sure Fortus, Frank, and Tommy (maybe Dizzy) all worked on it. I have not doubt.  I just think Axl and BBFs parts were added in after the fact and DJ had no part in it.

negosyopilipinas
 Rep: -1 

somebody help a brother here thanks guys

imsorry wrote:

oh boy

Board footer