You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Words/Phrases that I fucking hate!

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I hate when a black dude(or a wannabe) says "aight" every five seconds. Its nauseating.

More then that I hate hearing "Know what I'm sayin'" after every word or two in a sentence.

Yeah, sometimes I'll see athlete's who say "you know" every few words.

"We played good, you know. We gave it our best you know. We just gotta get ready for next year you know."

AtariLegend wrote:

Sometimes blondes just weren't made to be dated...

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

"Like, oh my god..."    and    "Oh my god, like..."   drive me fucking nuts.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

The one at the top of my list is "pwned" and all the other garbage that little 12 year old assholes say to me when I convince that todays the day I wont get my ass handed to me by a 12 year old, and try play on xbox live.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I hate it when people say "same difference!"  What the fuck does that even mean?  Last I heard, contradictory statements didn't make sense.

And how about those people who put an s at the end of words that end in where?  "It's around here somewheres," they say.  "Wheres?"  I don't get it.  Where's makes sense as a contraction of "where is," as in "Where's Waldo?," but "wheres" isn't a frigging word.

Backslash

Backslash wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Tommie wrote:

The one at the top of my list is "pwned" and all the other garbage that little 12 year old assholes say to me when I convince that todays the day I wont get my ass handed to me by a 12 year old, and try play on xbox live.

Oh christ yes. I like to watch a pretty nerdy show called "Attack Of The Show" on G4 and everytime someone says "pwned" it makes me vow never to watch it again.

There's a funny web progam based in Vancouver called Pure Pwnage.  The guys apply gaming to real life situations and use all the lingo.  It's pretty funny.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Backslash wrote:

I hate it when people say "same difference!"  What the fuck does that even mean?  Last I heard, contradictory statements didn't make sense.

Along those same lines, "I could care less" bugs the hell out of me, for the same reason. It's the opposite of what they mean. Are people too lazy to say "n't"?

Backslash

Backslash wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Backslash wrote:

Along those same lines, "I could care less" bugs the hell out of me, for the same reason. It's the opposite of what they mean. Are people too lazy to say "n't"?

I usually correct people on that one.  I've heard both variations, actually (people saying could when they mean couldn't and vice versa) and people confuse them all the time.

When people at work call in sick they say I banged in.   I hate that for some reason.

Board footer