You are not logged in. Please register or login.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Re: Words/Phrases that I fucking hate!

Round here, some people say 'I aren't' instead of 'I'm not'.  It makes me want to claw my face off.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Here's one I REALLY hate...."homophobic".  I don't hate anyone based on their sexual preference, race or whatever but does that mean I can't choose to dislike the fact that nearly every damned show on TV has to have some flaming gay dude in your face?  I made a comment around a few buddies the other night about how sick I am of having the media trying to push that shit to the extreme as part of its hidden agenda and one of my buddies' girlfriends (dumbass brought his date to a guy night, lol) had to pop off the "homophobic" card.   roll  Maybe people who say that are just "heterophobic".   16

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Here's one I REALLY hate...."homophobic".  I don't hate anyone based on their sexual preference, race or whatever but does that mean I can't choose to dislike the fact that nearly every damned show on TV has to have some flaming gay dude in your face?  I made a comment around a few buddies the other night about how sick I am of having the media trying to push that shit to the extreme as part of its hidden agenda and one of my buddies' girlfriends (dumbass brought his date to a guy night, lol) had to pop off the "homophobic" card.   roll  Maybe people who say that are just "heterophobic".   16

I don't think I agree with the "hidden agenda" part, but I've heard that other places before too, so who knows. 

I've heard homophobic too from laughing at/making fun of the extreme stereotype gay things.  I'm not homophobic, they just need to realize that some of the shit they're doing is funny.  When I see the guy with a pronounced lisp wearing a half shirt, I'm gonna laugh, it doesn't mean I have anything against gay people.

I saw a comedian with a great bit about just that once, but I can't find it now.  I found this instead though, and a lot of people would call him homophobic just based on the words he's using instead of listening to what he's saying.  That's what I hate about the word.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer