You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Ron Interview: Hardline sent to Team Brazil

I've got to be brutally honest, as much as I like Ron as a person, if there was the slightest chance of Buckethead returning I'd take Bucket over him. I mean, in an ideal world, Ashba would walk and we'd get a Bucket/Bumble combo, but we know that isn't going to happen. In the realms of Fantasy Land, what I really want is a return to the 2002-era lineup, with Axl on 2006-era form.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

What if some fans would then go on about how Bucket looks like a freak and never interacts?

IMO, all that Robin/Bucket looks talk was deeply superfluous, even if part of being a commercial rock group is to dress the part. But I for one felt embarrassed at the way those guys were berated on the basis of appearance, as if Axl himself had always been haute couture with his garments.

elevendayempire

apex-twin wrote:

What if some fans would then go on about how Bucket looks like a freak and never interacts?

Who gives a tuppenny fuck about their opinion?

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

Buckethead, perhaps?

elevendayempire

apex-twin wrote:

Buckethead, perhaps?

If Buckethead cared what people thought about his appearance, he would never have put a bucket on his head.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If Ron walks Team Brazil will offer Bucket a mega deal, there is no doubt in my mind... I just don't know if he'd take it. sad

Bucket back in the band = I'd want that CD re-release with all of Bucket's leads put back on the album.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Buckethead, perhaps?

If Buckethead cared what people thought about his appearance, he would never have put a bucket on his head.

When he's a solo artist or in a supergroup with Bootsy Collins or whomever, nobody bats an eye about the bucket. Everybody's rightfully enamored by his stellar playing.

When he's in GNR, a thousand little voices yell in agony, because all they want to see is a top-hat. These people couldn't care less of his technical skill. They say he's fast, but he's not a "soulful" writer like Slash is.

If I were Bucket, wild horses wouldn't drag me back to Guns. Would I like to see him back, personally? If Ron walks, definitely. In my book, Bucket's the most talented musician in Guns, ever.

But I just don't see him coming back, one of the reasons being that he wasn't as appreciated during his stay as he should've. This was not his fault (no album). He was shoehorned into a nostalgia act, and his resignation is embroided with the lack of communication and mismanagement Ron now speaks of. So I just don't see him coming back, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Bucket would consider a contract with a big pay day, specific touring schedule that catered to him, along with a specific recording schedule, and demands therein, and bringing in his own management. I'd say yes to all of that big_smile

And most of the people who hated his look aren't even around anymore, so what would that matter now?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I think bh returning would be a step backwards

I also think Ron leaving would be a huge loss

From what I can glean from this interview is just that Ron wants some insight to the gnr planning so he can do a bit of his own thing as well...some common courtesy really

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Neemo wrote:

I think bh returning would be a step backwards

I also think Ron leaving would be a huge loss

From what I can glean from this interview is just that Ron wants some insight to the gnr planning so he can do a bit of his own thing as well...some common courtesy really

Agreed!

Board footer