You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Ron Interview: Hardline sent to Team Brazil

Olorin wrote:

Bumblefoot should be saying this shit to Axl in a one on one conversation, not shouting it across the internet, and if he doesnt get the answers he's looking for then its time to make a decision and stick by it, stay or go.

The only was I could see Bucket returning to a work environment where he was miserable, unpopular, bullied and stifled is if he was offered a humungous six figure sum upfront.
Even then, would all the money in the world be enough for Buckethead to join a band where DJ Ashba has most of the leads? It was bad enough watching Bucket standing filing his nails while Robin got all the best parts to play.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I don't think anyone can get close enough to him to talk, team brazil has him all protected and quartered off

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Olorin wrote:

Bumblefoot should be saying this shit to Axl in a one on one conversation, not shouting it across the internet, and if he doesnt get the answers he's looking for then its time to make a decision and stick by it, stay or go.

The only was I could see Bucket returning to a work environment where he was miserable, unpopular, bullied and stifled is if he was offered a humungous six figure sum upfront.
Even then, would all the money in the world be enough for Buckethead to join a band where DJ Ashba has most of the leads? It was bad enough watching Bucket standing filing his nails while Robin got all the best parts to play.

Honestly I think the biggest problem would be Stinson. IIRC Stinson gave Bucket a hard time when he was in the band, and I get the feeling that if Bucket returned, Stinson would have to go. That would create a serious problem, since although there's a perception that any mug could play the bass ("Just ask Duff back!"), Stinson is the guy who organises all the ground-level band stuff like rehearsals.

Frank would probably get the boot too, in favour of Brain (didn't Bucket make it a requirement of his initial hiring that Brain came on board?). So with Bumble, Frank and Stinson out, that would mean a fundamental reconfiguring of the band. Honestly, with all those comings and goings, I wouldn't be surprised if Fortus threw in the towel at that point.

So yes, it's massively unlikely that Bucket would return. Ironically, the one person who I suspect wouldn't cause any problems is Ashba; he and Bucket have mutual interests (horror films and spooky stuff!), they both seem to connect with Axl on a personal level, and what with Ashba being part of an anti-bullying charity I doubt he'd have time for the shenanigans that allegedly drove Bucket out of the band in the first place.

And half of Ashba's Chinese Democracy live solos are Buckethead ones anyway (Sorry, If The World); between the Bumblefoot shred stuff that Bucket would naturally take on, and the Chinese Democracy solos that he originally recorded, I don't think he'd be standing around as much as in 2002.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

(didn't Bucket make it a requirement of his initial hiring that Brain came on board?)

Not exactly.

Another one of Bucket's drummer buddies, Josh Freese, had the gig when he came on. After Freese left, Bucket seized the moment and recommended Brain to Axl.

Lomax wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Honestly I think the biggest problem would be Stinson. IIRC Stinson gave Bucket a hard time when he was in the band, and I get the feeling that if Bucket returned, Stinson would have to go. That would create a serious problem, since although there's a perception that any mug could play the bass ("Just ask Duff back!"), Stinson is the guy who organises all the ground-level band stuff like rehearsals.

Frank would probably get the boot too, in favour of Brain (didn't Bucket make it a requirement of his initial hiring that Brain came on board?). So with Bumble, Frank and Stinson out, that would mean a fundamental reconfiguring of the band. Honestly, with all those comings and goings, I wouldn't be surprised if Fortus threw in the towel at that point.

So yes, it's massively unlikely that Bucket would return. Ironically, the one person who I suspect wouldn't cause any problems is Ashba; he and Bucket have mutual interests (horror films and spooky stuff!), they both seem to connect with Axl on a personal level, and what with Ashba being part of an anti-bullying charity I doubt he'd have time for the shenanigans that allegedly drove Bucket out of the band in the first place.

And half of Ashba's Chinese Democracy live solos are Buckethead ones anyway (Sorry, If The World); between the Bumblefoot shred stuff that Bucket would naturally take on, and the Chinese Democracy solos that he originally recorded, I don't think he'd be standing around as much as in 2002.

Excellent post. I have to agree there on Ashba with regards to the bullying bs and whatnot.
Was unaware that bucket and tommy calshed

AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

If Ron walks Team Brazil will offer Bucket a mega deal, there is no doubt in my mind... I just don't know if he'd take it. sad

What constitutes a mega deal? More money than we make no doubt, but I don't think they'd be throwing millions at Bucket for Bucket to sit in a band that just tours.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He was getting paid for recording sessions he took advantage of and touring/rehearsing. I'm sure there's a deal that could be reached. I don't think anyone would have to leave the band.

According to MSL's stuff Tommy regreted that and understood how important Bucket was to the band. And to be honest, they never have to be in the same room together.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I see Ashba weighed into the discussion judging by this tweet of his:

"If you bite the hand that feeds you.....you will go hungry"

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

... this is getting interesting.

Could this be a way of quitting the band? Not outright leaving but planting the seeds that leads to it? Reading the Slash/Ron thread I don't even know why he's even in the band. I know it sucks for him, but he really doesn't have to put up with it.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Perhaps he is pushing them to fire him.  Maybe it releases him from a contract if they do that, if they don't he can't leave without breaching it?

I also read that Ron's father passed away today.  Very sad, hope he and his family are doing ok!

Board footer