You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Ron Interview: Hardline sent to Team Brazil

Aussie wrote:

Perhaps he is pushing them to fire him.  Maybe it releases him from a contract if they do that, if they don't he can't leave without breaching it?

I also read that Ron's father passed away today.  Very sad, hope he and his family are doing ok!

Yeah I just read it too. Definitely a ton of hardships for the guy. May his father rest in peace.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I don't blame him. What is there to really look forward to being a member of the band besides money.  Doesn't seem to be a real creative out lit.  He's a real dude. His idea of completing one song and playing it on each leg of the tours is one of the best ideas that has come out of the guns camp in years. Of course goes ignored. Why keep putting your life on hold for an endless circle jerk.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Agree with BLS and my condolences to Ron and his family if his father did indeed pass away.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ron would now be rethinking his priorities. At the end of the day, Guns is just a job for him, and he knows it. There are more important things in life than work, to be honest.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Perhaps he is pushing them to fire him.  Maybe it releases him from a contract if they do that, if they don't he can't leave without breaching it?

I also read that Ron's father passed away today.  Very sad, hope he and his family are doing ok!

Yeah I just read it too. Definitely a ton of hardships for the guy. May his father rest in peace.

Oh, that's terribly sad. The poor guy's had to deal with more than enough shit over the last few years. For this to happen when he's out on tour... No wonder he's being a little short with interviewers.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

Ron really cared for his dad. He said old man Thal had Alzheimer's, and I recall Ron being down at one point during the '06 tour; his dad's health had apparently taken a turn for the worse.

Glad he wasn't on the other side of the world during his dad's final days.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Poor guy. Condolences.  That's awful. I thought I remembered hearing he'd been sick a real long time. sad

johndivney wrote:

Sympathies for Ron. Alzheimer's is a terrible affliction.
Hopefully the family can find some peace & celebration of the man's life. But it is tough. My da is terminally ill & it's not nice at all, like every day you can see a little more of him slip away. Life sucks a lot of the time but really life is too short. I'd like more time.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Ron just tweeted the following, perhaps a response to DJ's tweet warning about biting the hand that feeds you:

"Anyone who uses your conflicts as their pedestal is just revealing their own opportunistic character... ever have to work w some1 like that?"

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Ron just tweeted the following, perhaps a response to DJ's tweet warning about biting the hand that feeds you:

"Anyone who uses your conflicts as their pedestal is just revealing their own opportunistic character... ever have to work w some1 like that?"

The guy talks too much. If he keeps it up Axl will start to see curls in his hair.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

That would be Axl's loss, not Ron's. The fans', too.

At that point, fire DJ. Bring back Slash and Bucket big_smile

Board footer