You are not logged in. Please register or login.

snooze72
 Rep: 2 

Re: GNR Name Contract (w/ MSL/snooze72 scans)

snooze72 wrote:

Computers were worse. Trying to figure out how to keep the font intact, trying to squeeze in more type to keep the page breaks from changing etc etc etc...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

There were computers, I think back in 1992 I remember using an Amiga 500 computer at home for my assignments in first year Uni. God the graphics on that thing for games I thought was awesome at the time. At Uni we had some really early version Mac's plus some dodgy IBM's. 

Those doc's however look like somebody knocked them up on typewriter or a Commodore 64 14

snooze72
 Rep: 2 

snooze72 wrote:

I think they're done on an early computer, thus the smaller font to squeeze in the amendments.  There are a few other amendments on mine not initialled by Slash.  Would still love to see MSL's copy and/or the court copy (if they're not the same) of a few of the pages to compare the amendments.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I had my first computer in 1995

Anyway it could explain different looking docs lol I see this kinda stuff from.time to time on legal docs, Tho it is usually written in and initialled on each copy by all parties from my experience

Once the documents were executed and in triplicate or whatever they would need to amend in some way, typewriter makes sense cuz of that nonsense paper that used to exist with dot matrix printers, each party could've had a different orig copy and each of their lawyers could've added the amendment...course I'm just speculating I have no idea for sure hmm

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Anyway....in reading the docs again, there were a couple loopholes there for ownership of the band in the event of terminated partners, those couple clauses that amended the doc really secure axl as owner of the name huh?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Could care less.  Axl's a douche.  That's my verdict.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

New band sucks too!

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Im guessing that someone used a type writer or whatever (not sure what technology was being used back then lol) to add that bit in.  Probably why in Snoozes version the font even rises upwards (see the word "Group") on the far right hand side.

MSL's version certainly visually doesn't look like it has any font change compared to Snooze's but as you say it still looks like it's been squashed in, which suggests to me it was an afterthought.  The million dollar question was when, was it one hour, one day, one year, we don't know?

I gotta say none of it looks particularly professional to me - lol.

I'm curious to have a better look at your one if you want to pm it thru to me.

O.k.  Will send you a PM now.  No problem.

Ali

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

I guess I'm just confused.  People wonder why this forum is stagnant & membership is down & what can be done about it.  Yet subjects being discussed are band lawsuits over contracts from 20 years ago...

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I guess I'm just confused.  People wonder why this forum is stagnant & membership is down & what can be done about it.  Yet subjects being discussed are band lawsuits over contracts from 20 years ago...

That's a fair point.

I hope Sp1at is on to something about talk of a new album.

Ali

Board footer