You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: GNR Name Contract (w/ MSL/snooze72 scans)

Aussie wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I guess I'm just confused.  People wonder why this forum is stagnant & membership is down & what can be done about it.  Yet subjects being discussed are band lawsuits over contracts from 20 years ago...

Sadly it's not this forum that's the reason that there are topics like this, go and have a look at mygnr the same thread has had over 50,000 views.

The threads speak volumes about the state of GNR and the lack of anything new of substance to discuss.

johndivney wrote:

What is the objective of all of this discourse?

Is it for people to call Slash/Duff liars? To get to the motivations of a paranoid Axl taking the name?
Clarity on timeline?

A lot of the discussion is clouding the objective of the initial point of interest over these documents. Just what do people want to get from this shit?
As far as I can tell they fucked it up, let lawyers & managers & their own personal demons wreck the thing.

Axl took the name, he had his reasons for doing so but was an asshole for doing so.
Slash & Duff got played, they were assholes for being so dumb & letting the thing slip away.

But to me it just seems like the majority of fans are using this for their own petty & redundant beliefs as to who was right & wrong & which camp they support. A few are grnuinely neutral & interested in the history of the thing, but most of theonline fan base are just wankers trying to use this to tell their version of the story., amiright??

IMO it's sad. Sad they didn't have the camaraderie to unite & rise above it. But that comes down to their own persons. So it goes. It's not like they were family & hell even families can split & fallout.. Just the nature of the times. Sad.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I think you have pretty much summed up the motivation. On the surface it seems like MSL has used this to try call Slash and Duff liars in regards to their version of events, thereby vindicating Axl.

However, I would suggest he is more interested in simply using this as another source of self promotion.

Board footer