You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Slash & The Conspirators new album WORLD ON FIRE due 15 September 2014

metallex78 wrote:

Though its not Slash playing, you get a better idea of whats going on musically without the vocals here. Definitely agree that Slash is playing very well on this song

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, first that cover is sick. Really awesome. But that is some challenging stuff Slash is playing. He has a strong inner fire and isn't resting on his legendary status. He continues to bust his fucking ass. So proud of him.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Someone should dub some Axl CD vocals over that track, and I think we'd have a killer new classic GN'R tune!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Take away Myles and just listen to Slash.  Man, dude almost 50 and he still plays with so much balls and passion.  Very impressive.  This is the best technically he has ever played.

Yeah, he's on fire. Slash's playing is very technical, yet very slashy, sleazy and AFDish at the same time. I haven't seen anyone mention it, but it's one of his most technical solos ever. I love this song musically. The only thing I miss is that other guitar player, who'd give an extra taste. Don't get me wrong, I think Slash's rhythm playing is outstanting. But if he found a guitarist he can gel so well, like with Myles, then the result would be even better.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Kind of the same thing I say anytime I hear a first single... If THIS is the best song on the album, Yes I'll be a bit disappointed. But usually that doesn't work that way. You're A Lie Certainly wasn't. Chinese Democracy certainly wasn't....

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Lomax wrote:
-D- wrote:

Kind of the same thing I say anytime I hear a first single... If THIS is the best song on the album, Yes I'll be a bit disappointed. But usually that doesn't work that way. You're A Lie Certainly wasn't. Chinese Democracy certainly wasn't....

You know what. I can't think of a first single by ANY band EVER that was the best song on the album.
Come to think of it. It would be a horrible let down if that were the norm. People would never get an album if they thought they'd already heard the best it had to offer.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Song is "meh" overall, but Slash's solo is great.

Lomax wrote:

Buried alive is still the greatest rock song of the past 10 years.
If Myles made music of this quality with Slash then I'd be very into the new album!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash played 3 new songs tonight and played You Could Be Mine....  World on Fire and two never before heard songs. NEED A BOOT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Board footer