You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: GnR in Vegas 2014

misterID wrote:

"Going Down" will be played, Id almost guarantee it. New songs are typically played after they're leaked, it was on the song list before, and Tommy now plays a song live every night, anyway.

What's interesting is how more guys in the band are getting antsy about playing new material, including Tommy. I don't ever remember him being this vocal before... Outside Ron, but no one seems to care what he thinks 16

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

The guys have basically been doing the same show together for 5 years straight, the newest songs they play were written over a decade ago. No wonder they're getting inpatient.

AtariLegend wrote:

Probably already too late, but is there any point in waiting till Axl is 60+ to finally play new music. I'd like too hear bootlegs of new songs too, but I still think it's too late.

It's like if Dexter the TV show had got to it's 19th season.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Going Down is as good as it might get in my opinion... Guns N' Roses delivering any other new material as a coherent functional rock band is end of the rainbow optimism... who cares about Axls techno/rock mish/mash from 99-03 in 2014/15... he missed the boat... by a decade at least sad .

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

So is Goin Down just a Tommy song with no Axl vocals?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Haven't you heard it? He does backing vocals.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Probably already too late, but is there any point in waiting till Axl is 60+ to finally play new music. I'd like too hear bootlegs of new songs too, but I still think it's too late.

It's like if Dexter the TV show had got to it's 19th season.

It's more like we're still waiting for the second half of the first season...

JimBob
 Rep: 1 

JimBob wrote:

I'm so out of the loop..  Going Down?   Did I miss new songs?

Haven't been active or even lurking on the boards much the last few years.   Not because I stopped loving GnR, but it was time to move on from the debates that got taken way too seriously and other things in life became a bigger priority.   

I'm not expecting much new, but seeing the band in any incarnation with any setlist will be good for me because its been so long..    Looks like its the same lineup since DJ Ashba joined?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Haven't you heard it? He does backing vocals.

When I heard it was a Tommy song I just figured it was like all the other shit with just the band members on it but no Axl.  That sort of stuff has zero interest to me so I never listened to it.

Are Axl's backing vocals even prominent on it?  If so then I will dig it up, if not then I won't waste me time.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I shared "Going Down" with a few friends and didn't get a very favorable response, mainly because of Tommy on lead vocals. A "new" GNR song, you really want to hear Axl prominently.

With that said, Axl can be heard pretty clearly, but certainly in a supporting role. And I have warmed up to the song itself with repeated listens. Not sure if Axl would join in for a live version of the song.

http://vimeo.com/m/72864173

Board footer