You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Axl on Chili Pepper not playing at Super Bowl HOLY SHIT LOL

Olorin wrote:

The first message made me chuckle, he does sound kind drunk lol, I found it quite amusing.

The 2nd tweet I cant fathom, sounds like hes just blatantly ripping the pish out of the Chilli Peppers, I think he'd finished the bottle by that point 14

If only he ripped Slash like that over the years instead of sulking and festering, he'd have gotten over him and moved on long ago.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

He ripped Conan, too. wink

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Lay off the bottle Axl! At least he's a funny guy.

??   

Define: Funny?! hmm

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I laughed? tongue

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

This has been posted all over social media, and many people are giving Axl shit.
But for all Axl's faults, the guy has NEVER mimed any of his performances, especially when there have been moments where he sounded terrible, and probably should have mimed.

You gotta respect that in a way.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

That's hilarious. Well done Axl.

johndivney wrote:

Axl's so jelly. His current barroom band will never get asked to headline the supperbowl.

Still, I thought it was funny. Tho like shooting fish in a barrel making fun of dopes like flea/rhcp & yea unusual how it takes this for him to break silence & of course typically not even a hint of hypocrisy or self awareness..

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Knowing the band wasn't really playing makes that guitarist look like a giant douche with all his wild moves.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

What amuses me the most - and is a clear sign of all the flatness times we live on - is that Axl goddamn Rose had to call them out this way. I mean, Axl who is not relevant anymore in the pop world had to call them out?

Where is the Axls of nowadays?

I'd expect someone as proclaimed of pureness as Dave Grohl - who says way more than he does - would say something but people just don't want to burn bridges anymore. Everybody is so fuckin' afraid of saying something as it is.

Kudos for Axl for saying it. Shame it had to be him.

Kinda sad, to be honest. What we miss on the rock world nowadays is authenticity.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Despite his faults he's still in a position to do and say almost whatever he wants. One of the last remnants from the days of old. Today's industry is neutered and politically correct. No wonder there aren't any new bands making it big, just something like the drunken VMA speech would ruin them. Better to play it safe, and as a result the music will be too.

Board footer