You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Axl on Chili Pepper not playing at Super Bowl HOLY SHIT LOL

apex-twin wrote:

When you put it that way, he needs to do this shit more often. As a one-off, it's weird and many people see him peddling for publicity - something Axl's never been too keen on doing. But if he carves a niche out of it, exposing the frauds, charlatans and hypocrites in the music industry for what they are in a monthly diatribe, some of that relevance could be reposed to him. It's not like he'd have much to lose in terms of public image, anyway.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Exactly, there's not many bridges left to burn either!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't think anyone should see Axl as the saviour of rock and roll after this rant.  Yeah, he's speaking his mind - but this is an uninspired boring shit and not funny at all. If this is what he can offer creativity wise, then no wonder they haven't made anything new for a decade. Even Sorry is Dylan Thomas quality, compared to this crap. RHCP's fake performance was pathetic - but Axl's response was even worse, although  he meant to be the winner criticizing the obvious failure.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

AXL FORGOT THE WORDS TO NOVEMBER FUCKING RAIN...........  HE HAS NO ROOM TO TALK.  He rerecorded a shit ton of vocals on live era but sold it as live.  He lowered his voice in the mix on tour at times so low, to cover his flaws.  Yes, he may sing, but "he ain't no nice guy after all"..  Haha $1 to the other thread about Slash Cameos.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
otto wrote:

What amuses me the most - and is a clear sign of all the flatness times we live on - is that Axl goddamn Rose had to call them out this way. I mean, Axl who is not relevant anymore in the pop world had to call them out?

Where is the Axls of nowadays?

Good call, I hate miming/lip synching etc so good on Axl for calling it out.  More people should call out that shit.  Personally I still can't believe the RHCP agreed to that???

BUT as you say, where is the next generation of urchins trying to crawl their way up the music industry ladder whilst giving the middle finger to the establishment and any poseurs and pretenders.  Where is today's version of the 87/88 era Guns N' Roses calling this and other fake shit out.  We have old guys like Axl doing it, where is the next generation of artists keeping it real?  On a similar theme I noticed this comment by Slash the other day too:
1013844_478879435549693_1776935290_n.jpg

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

AXL FORGOT THE WORDS TO NOVEMBER FUCKING RAIN...........  HE HAS NO ROOM TO TALK.  He rerecorded a shit ton of vocals on live era but sold it as live.  He lowered his voice in the mix on tour at times so low, to cover his flaws.  Yes, he may sing, but "he ain't no nice guy after all"..  Haha $1 to the other thread about Slash Cameos.

Fanboyism is something. Your boy slash also rerecorded plenty on LE.

Occasional fuck ups are not the subject here, it's about faking a performance as live, to millions. Did you see Flea statement, saying that NFLdemanded that?

Well, then say no goddamn, you're not obliged to anything.

Tom Petty sends regards, BTW, by making the super bowl half time live a few years back.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Aussie wrote:
otto wrote:

What amuses me the most - and is a clear sign of all the flatness times we live on - is that Axl goddamn Rose had to call them out this way. I mean, Axl who is not relevant anymore in the pop world had to call them out?

Where is the Axls of nowadays?

Good call, I hate miming/lip synching etc so good on Axl for calling it out.  More people should call out that shit.  Personally I still can't believe the RHCP agreed to that???

BUT as you say, where is the next generation of urchins trying to crawl their way up the music industry ladder whilst giving the middle finger to the establishment and any poseurs and pretenders.  Where is today's version of the 87/88 era Guns N' Roses calling this and other fake shit out.  We have old guys like Axl doing it, where is the next generation of artists keeping it real?  On a similar theme I noticed this comment by Slash the other day too:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/ … 5290_n.jpg

Slash debunked that on Twitter saying he never said such thing.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Of course. I thought that sounded a bit too candid to be Slash. We know him, he'd perform with One Direction for the right offer.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash does plug in for his cameos. He did fix some live era, but not anything compared to Axl. But I don't mind it. Point is, he has been pushing his cash cow for years. I saw RHCP live 2 summers ago. They were outstanding. I think he hates them, my guess, due to them being in the same class at the RnRhof. Slash jammed with them that night too.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Ha, didn't know Slash dubunked that.  Shame because it seems a pretty accurate assessment to me.

Board footer