You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR to perform at Golden Gods award show/ lifetime achievement for Axl

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Guess I'm lucky I missed this last night, judging by what you people thought of Axl's voice. Hilarious thread.

It wasn't exactly Rock In Rio 2011. It was just off vocally with him holding back the rasp on the tracks that needed it and not great production/sound.

Axl was humble though and it was awesome seeing him with Duff in front of a heavy hardcore metal crowd playing "This I Love" and getting cheered. There were genuine Axl chants as well. Some of the performances like "It's So Easy" were fairly good.

The show itself was a mess. Out of like 10 awards handed out, only 2 people showed up to accept and the rest of the performers were mostly awful. Avenged Sevenfold accepted their award via a pre-recorded video and immediately the singer gave the award way to the first person he seen. They asked Joan and The Jetts to replay an entire song for TV and production kept starting/stopping with the sound during presenters speech's leading to lots of awkwardness. They had Alice Cooper re-introduce Joan and The Jetts half way through their set, cause apparently the first time wasn't recorded properly. You could hear Alice whispering in the background, "incase they don't know who you are".

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Show was run worse than a Highschool play. GNR saved the night. Duff was perfect. Everyone else either overplayed or was inconsistent. DJ played an out of tune guitar in what may be the worst butchering of scom ever. Even worse than Robin because this was at an awards show.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Nick Cage was cool. Zakk Wylde is such a joke of himself.

JKL
 Rep: 0 

JKL wrote:

Why Cage did Axl introduction? Is there a connection between the gentlemen or was him just a random celebrity who golden gods' production team lured to participate? Maybe i was raised in a barrel but didn't recognise most of the guys presenting nominees. A lot of old chubby men dressed funnily. I guess metal people are just different.

AtariLegend wrote:

Apparently Cage is just a big fan.

When did you first discover Guns N' Roses? What's your favorite Guns N' Roses song? What's your best Guns N Roses memory? What does the band mean to you?

Nicolas Cage [ Face/Off, Leaving Las Vegas, Drive Angry, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance] : I think Axl is one of the great writers of the last century; his piano playing is amazing and that song "Prostitute" is incredible! Guns N' Roses is outstanding.

Source: http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainme … Ef4temO.99

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

JKL wrote:

Why Cage did Axl introduction? Is there a connection between the gentlemen or was him just a random celebrity who golden gods' production team lured to participate? Maybe i was raised in a barrel but didn't recognise most of the guys presenting nominees. A lot of old chubby men dressed funnily. I guess metal people are just different.

Cage is not only a huge Superman fan; but also a fan of GNR and Elvis. I even read in an interview he said he was a fan of CD especially the song, Prostitute which he called "amazing".

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

AtariLegend wrote:

Apparently Cage is just a big fan.

When did you first discover Guns N' Roses? What's your favorite Guns N' Roses song? What's your best Guns N Roses memory? What does the band mean to you?

Nicolas Cage [ Face/Off, Leaving Las Vegas, Drive Angry, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance] : I think Axl is one of the great writers of the last century; his piano playing is amazing and that song "Prostitute" is incredible! Guns N' Roses is outstanding.

Source: http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainme … Ef4temO.99

Beat me to the punch. 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Cage being a fan warms my heart. Great and underrated actor.

Him and Axl have had somewhat similar careers. Praised critically and commercially in the 80s and 90s, then a public laughing stock doing cash grabs since then.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Now I'm almost sure that Duff's aim is not the reunion, not pissing Slash off, not money, not fame...his mission is saving his old buddy. Axl is in a very, very sad state. He needs help and he needs Duff to survive. It was painful to watch him.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Now I'm almost sure that Duff's aim is not the reunion, not pissing Slash off, not money, not fame...his mission is saving his old buddy. Axl is in a very, very sad state. He needs help and he needs Duff to survive. It was painful to watch him.

Yep, this is the demeanor of someone staring a deteriorating and depressed man in the face.

1e67d064c7e311e390c00002c9bbc360_8.jpg

Axl is getting old trying to sing songs crafted around his prime vocal abilities. And yes, like most 50 year olds he's a bit chubby and don't give a fuck. It's not the four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Board footer