You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: GNR to perform at Golden Gods award show/ lifetime achievement for Axl

Aussie wrote:

So Axl made an acceptance speech? Is there anywhere I can watch it or do I have to wait until youtube vids pop up?

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Aussie wrote:

So Axl made an acceptance speech? Is there anywhere I can watch it or do I have to wait until youtube vids pop up?

They're already up smile

^ Acceptance speech.

The full show is up on Youtube too, just search for "guns n roses golden gods"

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Haven't seen any of the performance but just watched the acceptance speech.  Short and to the point.  Pretty cool. Thanks for posting that Will.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

So is Duff in or not?  You think he will do the residency?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Now I'm almost sure that Duff's aim is not the reunion, not pissing Slash off, not money, not fame...his mission is saving his old buddy. Axl is in a very, very sad state. He needs help and he needs Duff to survive. It was painful to watch him.

Yep, this is the demeanor of someone staring a deteriorating and depressed man in the face.

http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws.co … c360_8.jpg

Axl is getting old trying to sing songs crafted around his prime vocal abilities. And yes, like most 50 year olds he's a bit chubby and don't give a fuck. It's not the four horsemen of the Apocalypse.

I'm convinced: it's the happiest hat I've even seen.

Axl looks 10 years older than he actually is. It's really surprising, since he has all the money and time on Earth to get the best care possible. Instead he's a bloated, depressed alcoholic, who's a shadow of his former self and can't do his job anymore on a decent level. He's horrible tbh.
Just look at him singing those songs - it's like he'd be utterly sad how it all turned out. Noone thought he'd ever sink this low. People thought of Slash, Steven, Duff dying young or becoming zombies. Instead Duff looks amazing, Slash looks alright nad even Steven is in better shape than Axl. I'm really sorry for him and I think that Duff may feel himself guilty. Axl did a lot of shit against them, for sure, but since they, Izzy, Slash and Duff abandoned him, he's lost himself.
It's not the end of the world, you're right, just a very talented man wasting his gift and going to the Elvis route.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Short and sweet but still cool.

I had never heard of the Golden Gods awards before Axls nomination, now having watched the vid the whole thing looks a bit budget. I imagined something a bit bigger and more professional. Still cool, just not what I had pictured in my head. I will have to watch some of their performance now.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Had a quick look at ISE, he sounded good. Then I jumped to SCOM lol, awwwwweeeee my ears DJ. Haha

DJ shoulda stopped after the first few notes and got his bloody axe in tune. Stop/starting would have been better than playing on.

Good seeing Duff there and hearing him on backing vocals on ISE.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Acceptance sentence is a bit more accurate than speech 14

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Cage being a fan warms my heart. Great and underrated actor.

Him and Axl have had somewhat similar careers. Praised critically and commercially in the 80s and 90s, then a public laughing stock doing cash grabs since then.

Joe was good.

Lomax wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Short and sweet but still cool.

I had never heard of the Golden Gods awards before Axls nomination, now having watched the vid the whole thing looks a bit budget. I imagined something a bit bigger and more professional. Still cool, just not what I had pictured in my head. I will have to watch some of their performance now.

It's not usually that small. I heard they were going for a real old school rock club vibe this year. 2013was super high budget and a lot of people complained that it was a bit over the top so they tried to scale it back.

Board footer