You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: March 20th, 2014 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Axl Rose is the Yellow King. We must be in Carcosa the fabled land of endless legs of the same show. It's like a cycle man. Everything we do we'll do again. 16

Slash is Marty, Duff is Rust, Izzy is the preacher with sideburns. Beta is Tutle.

Re: March 20th, 2014 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

johndivney wrote:

Fernando gets paint on his ears. Or maybe that's Del..
Beta is obv the crazy half-sister/lover/flower maker.


When was the last time a new GnR song was played? Like the last first time ever this song was played? Tokyo?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: March 20th, 2014 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Smoking Guns wrote:

What song did they debut at Tokyo?  Can't remember.

misterID
 Rep: 456 

Re: March 20th, 2014 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

misterID wrote:

There's no doubt anyone who pushes him to do new material he's going to lose his shit with, even Beta. So they don't push.

metallex78
 Rep: 188 

Re: March 20th, 2014 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

metallex78 wrote:

Even if they don't play new material, whats wrong with mixing up the set with lesser played Guns tunes?

Just shows, as usual, that Axl is lazy

Aussie
 Rep: 281 

Re: March 20th, 2014 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Aussie wrote:

2vnqd7t.jpg

metallex78
 Rep: 188 

Re: March 20th, 2014 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

metallex78 wrote:

They played a show on the 22nd as well, but the set was almost identical with the additions of Rocket Queen and The Seeker, so I haven't bothered creating a new thread for it.

otto
 Rep: 79 

Re: March 20th, 2014 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

otto wrote:

Once, in 2001 I travelled 2k miles to see them in Rio.

In 2010, they played in my neighborhood. Damn, was I excited back then! Chinese songs being rotated, setlists changing slightly from show to show, Axl singing well...

Now they're playing in my neighborhood again. Literally 5 miles from where I live. I was waiting the first shows of the tour to test the waters and I don't regret my decision of no spending one more buck on this nostalgia act.

I'd rather save the money to make something else.

misterID
 Rep: 456 

Re: March 20th, 2014 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Even if they don't play new material, whats wrong with mixing up the set with lesser played Guns tunes?

Just shows, as usual, that Axl is lazy

There's nothing wrong with mixing it up, but Axl doesn't want to. And it's always said they play what the band wants, but it's clear they're following his lead... They want to play new songs as stated in public numerous times. Where is it?

Axl just doesn't have the passion to do new stuff anymore. The "fire" seems to have left with Robin. I just don't think it's a coincidence that things changed when he left.

Re: March 20th, 2014 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Even if they don't play new material, whats wrong with mixing up the set with lesser played Guns tunes?

Just shows, as usual, that Axl is lazy

There's nothing wrong with mixing it up, but Axl doesn't want to. And it's always said they play what the band wants, but it's clear they're following his lead... They want to play new songs as stated in public numerous times. Where is it?

Axl just doesn't have the passion to do new stuff anymore. The "fire" seems to have left with Robin. I just don't think it's a coincidence that things changed when he left.


Thank God The Replacements are coming to Atlanta in May....a real rock concert....no pyro bullshit, just great songs and you don't know what the hell they are going to do.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB