You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Duff McKagan on tour with GNR?

apex-twin wrote:

Slash Says Duff McKagan’s Guns N’ Roses Reunion ‘Doesn’t Really Concern Me’
by Jeff Giles April 10, 2014 9:40 AM

Wondering if the news of Duff McKagan‘s temporary return to the Guns N’ Roses lineup has been making Slash nostalgic for the old days? Well, don’t.

Slash shrugged off the subject during a recent interview with the U.K.’s TeamRockRadio, quite reasonably pointing out that just because McKagan might be popping back in for a few shows, that doesn’t mean things have thawed between himself and GNR leader Axl Rose. “What Duff does is what Duff does. It doesn’t really concern me,” said Slash. “Duff’s relationship with Axl is different to mine. That call to me is just not going to happen.”

Not that Slash has a problem with McKagan playing with the band again. “I don’t judge Duff. He’s cool,” he insisted. “He just has a way more amicable, neutral relationship with Axl than I do.”

While Axl and Duff enjoy those amicable vibes, Slash has plans of his own: he’ll be heading out on tour with Aerosmith this summer on a series of dates they’re calling ‘Let Rock Rule.’ To celebrate the announcement of the shows, they played a brief set at the Whisky in L.A.. You can watch video of the performance here.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/slash-du … s-reunion/

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Sounds like he isn't too happy about it, but mostly he's saying what we already knew. I'm pretty much left wondering when Slash turned into a guy who uses the word "amicable".

johndivney wrote:

Well he knows the question is coming so he'll have been prepared to give that answer in advance. He's not the one anymore to come out & call BS on Duff - there's prob no BS to call. It just is what it is..

What is it people think Slash is jelly about? His cut from GnR or the power?? Or both??

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Duff is spineless haha
Sad but true

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Told everyone this would happen.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
johndivney wrote:

What is it people think Slash is jelly about? His cut from GnR or the power?? Or both??

Seeing Axl smile. Guy's been stalking him since 96.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Still kind of pissed Duff gave in and didn't stone wall. Axl now has gratification that Izzy, Duff, Gilby, Sorum etc will Jam with him at a moment's notice, but the reality is that this isn't a real big deal until Slash is there. So that is why I wishes Duff say this out. Because it waters down a reunion and with no compromises he gets any alum sans Slash that he wants.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
johndivney wrote:

If Axl's so happy with Duff then he should fire Stinson. He wouldn't be a huge loss and that would make a lot of GN'R fans happier. Since they've done jack shit with Stinson, the output couldn't be less, yet the tribute cash grab would be more valid.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Seeing Axl smile.

That shit just infuriates me. Fuckin what? Poor wee delicate Axl, that mean ol' Slash ruined his life???

Fuck the fuck off. What a lot of fuckin shite. Utter bullshit!!

Care to elaborate on how dat evil ol' Slash Man robbed that sweet ol' innocent ginger nut of his  "smile"???????????

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
johndivney wrote:

If Axl's so happy with Duff then he should fire Stinson. He wouldn't be a huge loss and that would make a lot of GN'R fans happier. Since they've done jack shit with Stinson, the output couldn't be less, yet the tribute cash grab would be more valid.

I'm sure he'd like to if Stinson wasn't already there and Duff wanted back in. Axl always wanted him to stay in the band.

Board footer