You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Duff McKagan on tour with GNR?

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think if Duff had some real integrity and back bone he would say, "If Slash can't play I can't either" and leave it at that.  That would take balls.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I think if Duff had some real integrity and back bone he would say, "If Slash can't play I can't either" and leave it at that.  That would take balls.

Maybe Duff doesn't need the money that much, he doesn't need Axl's "friendship" that much and he doesn't want to ease the Madman towards Slash that much... maybe he has plenty of free time and wants to piss Slash, cause the Top-Hatted One has been blocking VR for 7 years now. I'm not saying that this is the scenario, but about as legit as any other explanation.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Why? He's not married to Slash. They don't have any contracts. Why should Slash care if an old band mate of his went out and played with another old band mate of his? There are no rapes or murders here, a band ended and that's it. Duff doesn't have any moral responsibility to not hang with Axl. He left the band 20 years ago on amiable terms.

For me any collaborations between original members is a good thing. If Axl is on good terms with Duff and Izzy, and Slash is on good terms with Duff and Izzy, the higher the likelihood of Axl and Slash getting on better terms at some point.

If somebody starts to raise a stink everybody loses out.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I just thought the same thing.  I just thought as a friend he may want to do that.  I guess Walking Papers and Loaded aren't too busy while Slash is pumping out album #3 why album #2 had 3 radio hits and CD had 0

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

True that, but what the world really wants is Axl and Slash on the same stage, anything else is meh at this point.  This is Plant/Page type level duo shit here.  I am just saying if you are going to do it, go ALL IN.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Why? He's not married to Slash. They don't have any contracts. Why should Slash care if an old band mate of his went out and played with another old band mate of his? There are no rapes or murders here, a band ended and that's it. Duff doesn't have any moral responsibility to not hang with Axl. He left the band 20 years ago on amiable terms.

For me any collaborations between original members is a good thing. If Axl is on good terms with Duff and Izzy, and Slash is on good terms with Duff and Izzy, the higher the likelihood of Axl and Slash getting on better terms at some point.

If somebody starts to raise a stink everybody loses out.

When two people sue and counter-sue each other and try to do legally (or publicly) what they can to make the other feel miserable, then it's very rare that you can have a good relationship with both. Especially when you are (thought to be) great friends with one of them and you together sued the other. When the "other" stole your band and made you quit; when almost 20 years later he shat on your lifetime achievement, canceling it in the last minute; when you said "fuck it" and did play without him, but with your "great friend" and his singer; when the other is well known for throwing out and banning your great buddy's fans; when the other is well-known for his "with me or against me" attitude when it comes to the hated person and barely even talks to anyone who has connection with The Devil.

But yeah, you are probably right, it's no biggie.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Mikka, we are on the same page.  And how many times has Slash jammed with Kings of Chaos with Duff's band and at charity events in the past year alone.  Hell, in this past year, Duff playing GNR songs toured South America, Australia, and Afria with Kings of Chaos and Slash joined them at MANY of those dates.  So don't give me this BS about a family vacation for Duff, he was just there a few months ago.  I don't know what Duff is up to, but something doesn't add up here..

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe Duff doesn't need the money that much, he doesn't need Axl's "friendship" that much and he doesn't want to ease the Madman towards Slash that much... maybe he has plenty of free time and wants to piss Slash, cause the Top-Hatted One has been blocking VR for 7 years now. I'm not saying that this is the scenario, but about as legit as any other explanation.

Just thinking, do you guys think there was any bad blood between Izzy and Slash/Duff after he broke the ice and started playing live with Axl in 2006?

Pretty much the same deal to me, all of them know the score in Axl Land.

Say, have you heard this one?

If you read /jarmo phonetically out loud, the first thing you'll say is Slash...

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Just thinking, do you guys think there was any bad blood between Izzy and Slash/Duff after he broke the ice and started playing live with Axl in 2006?

Pretty much the same deal to me, all of them know the score in Axl Land.

Say, have you heard this one?

If you read /jarmo phonetically out loud, the first thing you'll say is Slash...

I think that Izzy was Axl's best buddy. They broke up and then years later sorted things out to a certain level. I think that also both Duff and Slash think Izzy is more of Axl's friend than theirs, and he's always been. So Izzy appearing on stage with Axl was quite "normal". Not a big deal. Since Izzy didn't have a fall-out with Slash N' Duff, it was also normal that he played with them.

So there was this Axl N' Izzy thing, and on the other hand there was the Slash N' Duff and Slash N' Steven friendship. These 3 relationships were tighter on the human level than the others.

(No wonder Axl felt estranged when newcomers Matt and Gilby also joined the Slash N' Friends circle.)

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

But yeah, you are probably right, it's no biggie.

Well, apparently not even close to the diabolical dimensions you are trying to give it, considering it is happening. If you do a tour together a few years later I'd definitely call whatever hard feelings you had "no biggie".

Board footer