You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Duff McKagan on tour with GNR?

BLS-Pride wrote:

BkabeRXCcAA7IwZ.jpg

861414_10152327590191907_82084047_o.jpg

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Teaching him some CD stuff I suppose. It's cool.

AtariLegend wrote:

Tommy was always a great bassist, I love some of his work on the Demo versions where you can actually hear it.

Unfortunately despite how great BBF has been to the fan base, he did essentially record guitar parts over Tommy's Base in the mix. A 2001 version of the album without 2 extra guitarists added after and things would have sounded alot better. I'll go out on a limb and say it would have been more commercial too ("See Catcher in The Rye").

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Absolutely Atari. Tommy's Bassline was killer on Chinese Democracy. Every pre-Bumble song was infinitely better, besides ITW. I think Axl panicked, that's the only thing I can think of as to why he crowded CD up.

And those Duff/Tommy pictures are awesome.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Teaching him some CD stuff I suppose. It's cool.

Some kickass pics! Hope they all put on some awesome shows!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I think anything but a full blown reunion would be a step backwards for Slash.  Playing a few gigs like Duff is would be a step down and a poor idea IMO.

For me Slash has firmly established himself and his reputation post Guns now and to be associated with the current clown show in any way (short of an equal terms full on reunion) would reduce his cred and be a step backwards as far as I'm concerned.  Even a full reunion as Tejastech pointed out, the time has long past. Circa 2006 seems to have been the time performance wise, now Axl just seems to have lost his mojo, his fitness, his voice and his direction.  The only thing he has retained is his bitterness.

For a long time Axl was the ace in the deck that all the other guys were waiting on, these days at least for Slash that ain't the case.  Axl is more likely to need Slash at some point to keep his flagging career going rather than the other way around.

I may agree with this, but I'd still like to see them all play together again. Especially after seeing this incarnation do the same thing for a decade. I was the biggest advocate for the new band...in the beginning. Not anymore. Bring back the originals.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I like Ron but his contributions to CD were bad and hes gotta stop all that nonsense shredding on Slash's masterpieces.

-D-

-D- wrote:

What's  funny to me is, Duff filed the same lawsuits as Slash. Duff was just as negative as Slash.

What kills Axl, and ive been posting this since Contraband. ... Axl expected Slash to become a has been nobody and beg Axl to come back thus giving Axl all the power.

The fact Slash has had a much better career post GNR than Axl, eats him alive. Slash's cred has risen, while Axls has dropped.

Slash won the feud

-D-

-D- wrote:
otto wrote:

I do think Axl can come back to 2010 levels quite easily and to 2006 levels if he commits to it.

Axl from 2011 on seems really mellow and to me he seems to be under medication. Perhaps come anti-depressives or heavy anxiety pills...

All the memory loss in Rio '11, the fiasco at Bridge School Benefit... The low qual performances, the bloated persona and seemingly careless attitude - damn, he's not even running around during Paradise City anymore... Some people say it might be due to leg/back problems, backed by the video of him arriving at Rio after the show this year - cause by that edema he had due to falling on his back on stage. I don't know, perhaps pain medicine can cause the zombie Axl.

Drinking too much. Said on Eddie Trunk how he can't drink on tour cause it messed up his voice. Also bloats and weight gain. He isn't really fat,  has the alcoholic bloat.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
-D- wrote:
otto wrote:

I do think Axl can come back to 2010 levels quite easily and to 2006 levels if he commits to it.

Axl from 2011 on seems really mellow and to me he seems to be under medication. Perhaps come anti-depressives or heavy anxiety pills...

All the memory loss in Rio '11, the fiasco at Bridge School Benefit... The low qual performances, the bloated persona and seemingly careless attitude - damn, he's not even running around during Paradise City anymore... Some people say it might be due to leg/back problems, backed by the video of him arriving at Rio after the show this year - cause by that edema he had due to falling on his back on stage. I don't know, perhaps pain medicine can cause the zombie Axl.

Drinking too much. Said on Eddie Trunk how he can't drink on tour cause it messed up his voice. Also bloats and weight gain. He isn't really fat,  has the alcoholic bloat.

makes sense!

Board footer