You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Top 15 Non GNR Slash tunes

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm really curious for opinions on "Good to be Alive" apart from Mikka I can't honestly remember seeing anyone mention it on the various incarnations of this forum.

Always thought it was strange given it was a single and the video got a lot of airplay on Rock video stations here. I think a lot of non hardcores liked it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Good To Be Alive is a great tune, definitely one of the better ones from Snakepit 1

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The Music of By the Sword is simply awesome. Great solo too.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm really curious for opinions on "Good to be Alive" apart from Mikka I can't honestly remember seeing anyone mention it on the various incarnations of this forum.
Always thought it was strange given it was a single and the video got a lot of airplay on Rock video stations here. I think a lot of non hardcores liked it.

It's a great track, and a good showcase for the dirty groovy swagger most of the songs on the record have. Although it might not be the best of the lot overall, everything that makes the album great can be found in that song. But Beggars does the same and does it better, so that's why I think "Good to be Alive" gets mentioned a little bit less.

Board footer