You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 328 

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axlin, chill the fuck out. How old are you? 17?  "The gayest", what kind of homophobe uses that word to put down a post in 2014?  I guess you were inspired by your idol from his "one in a million days". Surprised you didn't call me more provacative word. Anyway, most observers would come up with a similar list. Read your posts....  You are very pro Axl and there is NOTHING wrong with that at all!  His name is in your handle as well. Don't deny your Axl love. And don't give us some BS about D having to pull you back from the ledge in regards to some Axl bashing you did. So you lean Axl's way, who fucking cares!!!!  But don't sit here and act like you don't. Save those lies for HTGTH or MyGNRforum.

misterID
 Rep: 460 

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

misterID wrote:

If gay is wrong, then your post just completely sucks and is lame, totally biased and uninformed.

Smoking Guns wrote:

I would say Axlin and mrID are the biggest Axlites left. RussTC was one too, hell, he had special access to the band. Bono and Neemo were fair to both sides. Buzzsaw was fair too. Metallex, Mikka, D, myself, and maybe Aussie lean towards Slash I think. Ali is major Axlite as is AxlS and sometimes Lomax. I know I left many out. Sorry. Faldor leans Axl but is Fair to Slash.

First of all, I coined the "Axlite" name on HTGTH. So everytime it's used I should be paid like, a quarter or something. Ask D if I was an Axlite back there and didn't give Alx shit, like I still do, when he desrves it. Axlin mercilessly bashed Axl many times over the years and was supported by those "fair and balanced" posters you mentioned... And then he came back from a show and gave it a glowing review and was bashed by your "fair and balanced" posters and immediately labled an Axlite.

I think your "gayness" posts, which you've done in two threads, one contradicting yourself by hinting that Axlin is gay while at the same time arguing using the term is wrong, but whatever, is that your posts are just a burst of frustration from having completely asinine arguments that get trampled over and over again, by how bland, tired, unecessary, blatantly fantastical, repetitive and lame (see, better than gay, but same meaning). Come on dude, I like you but you are in no position trying to play middle ground, like you're the voice of reason. You wrap passive-aggressive, or out-right aggressive comments and slights in, "I'm just joking." No, I don't think you are.

I lean towards Axl, mikka leans towards Slash... WE ALL KNOW THIS. Axl was the reason I was a fan of the original GN'R. And you have always had a serious problem with people who like the new band and aren't bitching for a reunion. Nice try.   

This is the second thread you've pulled this shit, man. Come on... You're my boy in other threads, so, come on, man...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 328 

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

Smoking Guns wrote:

I pulled it in 2 threads because Axlin said it in two different threads in 2 minutes. I lean Slash, but I love Axl. I support the new band as well or I wouldn't be here. Saw them at the famous gig Slash wasn't let in, I was there. Also saw them in ATL back in 2011 or 12. Can't remember and in 2002 in Detroit. So step back from that jump to conclusions mat you were about to step on. I don't care if Axlin uses the word "gay" or not. I really don't. I found it funny for a guy that acts so intelligent to resort to that kind of talk however. I have never seen anyone run from their Axl love. He should claim being an Axlite and wear with a badge of honor!  If he isn't one, what is he?  Not a Slash fan, and not a mere casual fan. I don't look at Axlite or Slashite as a negative at all. Oh well. I really was just busting balls. Don't be so serious. We are on a fucking message board. Relax.

misterID
 Rep: 460 

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I pulled it in 2 threads because Axlin said it in two different threads in 2 minutes. I lean Slash, but I love Axl. I support the new band as well or I wouldn't be here. Saw them at the famous gig Slash wasn't let in, I was there. Also saw them in ATL back in 2011 or 12. Can't remember and in 2002 in Detroit. So step back from that jump to conclusions mat you were about to step on. I don't care if Axlin uses the word "gay" or not. I really don't. I found it funny for a guy that acts so intelligent to resort to that kind of talk however. I have never seen anyone run from their Axl love. He should claim being an Axlite and wear with a badge of honor!  If he isn't one, what is he?  Not a Slash fan, and not a mere casual fan. I don't look at Axlite or Slashite as a negative at all. Oh well. I really was just busting balls. Don't be so serious. We are on a fucking message board. Relax.

Why should he claim anything? We both know he doesn't fit in either category,he's given Axl a lot of shit... where have you been, dude? And what does it matter?

I'm not jumping to conclusions, SG. These arguments are ridiculous. I'm glad you went to the shows and I hope you enjoyed them, it doesn't change the arguments we have all the time and your posts in those arguments...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 328 

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sometimes you are most critical of those you love most. Critiquing Axl doesn't mean you can't be an Axl fan. He is a huge fan of Axl, I don't care how many times you tell me he bashes him. Is he a nutswinger? Maybe not. I am not saying he is. I think one can be a critical Axlite. I come off as an Axlite to non hardcore fans when I defend Axl all the time. But around family and being frank with each other I bust his balls more

misterID
 Rep: 460 

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

misterID wrote:

I didn't say he wasn't an Axl fan, SG. I'm saying he's not jarmo or the HTGTH ilk. That's what I coined Axlite for.

And you sure are talking about nuts and balls a lot ...

Sorry, had to.  16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 328 

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

Smoking Guns wrote:

Holy shit!  That is the confusion then, I thought an Axlite was more a pro Axl guy and a Slashite was more pro Slash..  Yes, he is nothing like Jarmo, that is what I thought a nutswinger was.. lol.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

Intercourse wrote:

Oh goddammit Intercourse, you are so fucking reaching on those statements. You're concluding Axl's statements regarding Slash BEFORE the breakup as definitive proof of his opinion.

Jesus, what way do you guys want to play this? Yoy guys bash every other band member about their revisionist theories and fried junkie brains not remembering anything and here I post quotes from the then and now  sober lead singer of GNR that show completely different takes on what actaully happened and its still wrong?
If you were in court and you tried this shit you'd be demolished.


Young Axl said that GN'R would never turn into what old Axl turned it into--yeah and old Axl never thought his friend (Izzy) would tuck and run when the heat got turned up.

Maybe you think "the heat" was a positive thing but the heat the ex-members describe was anything but..

"What was the last straw that made you leave GNR?

Izzy: After the first leg of the UYI tour, Axl wanted to make me sign a  contract which meant that I was less involved and less paid. I couldn't believe it. This contract was coming from someone I grew up with for fuck's sake. We always considered GNR as a best friend band, and now Axl was telling me:" now we are doing business." Why should I carry on? Where was
the fun? That was the last drop. But other things happen before like in Donnington where to kids died during the show. What the fuck is that? Is that rock n' roll? To read in an airport newspaper that kid died during one of your gig? What the fun to play in stadium every night and to start a riot in Saint-Louis because your singer is fucked up? You come to a point when none of all this is funny anymore. Axl wasn't doing his front man job anymore.
quote]

I have said it to you guys over and over again, I'm don't personally "love" either of these men enough to be in their camp (personally I don't understand how people can get so annoyed about people they don't even know) but read the shit above and the end of GNR was because all sides were out to lunch. You choose to believe Axl was somehow living in a quasi rock music / wrestling storyline and doing the right thing,  I'd rather take the quotes of a sober guy who was the centre of the band to use to show that the shit list was long but ends ultimately at one mans door.
Note that I have never used quotes from Slash because of your obvious leanings.


Old Axl never thought that when the going got tough that Slash would've just up and quit the band. Do you know what that fucking means? Do you have any clue? A band literally is a marriage. That's like a wife, out of the blue, coming and asking for a divorce, and citing NO reason,]

Slash cited No reason? Really? You really believe that Axl was merrily going aboiut his business being a great band husband and the evil Slash just fucked off? Come on man, you've read the books, articles etc. That's just not fucking true, its a gross over simplification at the very least.

And here we are.... if Axl's guilty, then Slash is equally if not more so guilty because as soon as they weren't working (or fucking in my analogy)--he bolted. Slash has NEVER owned up to his guilt in this--EVER.

Slash bolted? Last I read it wasn't Slash hiding out at home trying to make an album over the phone, showing up after the band had gone home with his non-member sidekick to lay down guitars on tunes the rest of the band didn't even want to record.

So if Slash is guilty? So is Duff guilty too? Matt? Robin? Bucket? Even fucking Tobias? And now Ron? I can show you a pattern of behaviour from the guitarists that came into and left this band. This is not taking sides here, its pointing at the obvious. Axl's take that its always everybody elses fault is obviously rubbing off. Did Axl ever apologise to any ex member in public for all of his shit? Ever?

And finally on this point, its not like the album flowed together rapidly after Slash, Robin, Bucket and Tobias left is it? If Axl believed he had fostered the correct environment for a healthy band,  then a whole lot of pretty talented and experienced motherfuckers didn't get the memo...

Slash has never owned up to the statement he made not just qutting on Axl, but also leaving his main man Duff behind. It was not a universal decision. Slash bailed on Duff too.

This was a RNR band, not the Battle of Iwo Jima. I really don't know how to address that statement, there is nothing in any press or article to indicate that Duff was resentful of Slash for leaving. In fact, Duff seemed ok with finding a new ax man but quit himself, sober and respectfully because the band was "a dictatorship".

The only thing i've seen from you is "the power rewards of my vision". That's your smoking gun? And i'm the one in fucking dream world? Okay Fred Krueger..

Axl still fucking said it, you are free to diminish it as you wish to suit your own story but its there.  And where the fuck did you get the idea that I said you're the "one in fucking dream world"?
Granted I'm starting to think that way (!!!) but until this mail showed up I'd have ranked you as one of the safest pair of hands when it came to interpreting the articles and interviews from those either directly or closely involved with the band to discuss what really happened to the old band.

And no... that's not my only smoking gun... There are lots more quotes from ex-band members, Niven etc on the matter but you've long since decided that they don't suit your version of history and are written off.
And by the way, Izzy said this about Niven..

And I find you with Alan Niven as manager, which I have met with Great White, and who was Guns' first manager!

I: Yes, yes, yes... Alan of course. Axl fired him.

M: How?

I: We weren't given any choice! It happened like that. Four members of the band were against and Axl said "All right, take him as a singer then because if he stays, I leave!" What can you do? What can you say?

M: You say: "We're four and you're alone!"

I: Yeah, but at this time, discussion had a little bit rarefied..


I know already what will happen to this quote, Izzy will be assasinated as a flake. Yet you take the story line of a man who has overseen the loss/sacking of two drummers, a bass player, SIX guitar players, and a line of the world's leading band managers and producers. When it looks and smells like shit, most of the time it is. 

At the end of the day, all of us fuckers can try all the righteous indignation we like in defense of our idols but when there's a quote in written in the press from a member themselves, especially when they were sober and in control of their faculties then it fucking wipes out the ramblings of any fan here, pro or anti whomever in the band is their target simply because they were there.

You or I cannot top that no matter how true you believe your version of events to be.
So, you're welcome to your story but a story is all it is.

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

Sky Dog wrote:

I'll say my story....fact is Axl, Izzy and Duff are still friends......fact is a fact...where is the other guy in the discussion? All those ramblings from poor rich rock stars are meaningless. The Slash/Axl thing will NEVER be figured out.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Matt Sorum open to Playing with Current GNR Line-up

Mikkamakka wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I'll say my story....fact is Axl, Izzy and Duff are still friends......fact is a fact...where is the other guy in the discussion?

Just like Slash, Duff and Izzy. So...?

BTW the Axl-izzy and Axl-Duff friendship are reborn/rebuilt friendships. We all know those heated interviews and lawsuits. In these cases they were able to forgive what happened (and what Axl thought that had happened). We also know that Slash would have made peace with Axl (remember the dropped lawsuit and the visit at his house)...but the answer was a bitter psycho's answer.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB