You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Slash Blames Media For Axl Feud.

misterID wrote:

Canter also called Slash a liar. That he lies about everything.

And with all due respect to Marc, I think Team Brazil follows Axl's lead. Those dictator shots seemed to have been a huge souring point to Axl and how the name deal went down. Slash has not helped himself at all.

I wish they did bury the hatchet. I think Slash does care about Axl. But at the same time, I think Slash has enough bad qualities to make Axl not trust him... It will take a massive Mea culpa on Slash's part to get them in the same room together. And really, I've always been under the impression that Axl was open to this, but on his terms. This article might be a step in that direction. That should make you happy, SG.

Just not for a reunion wink

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The reunion would be nice, but it really bothers me to see two people be divided over silly stuff.  I really want the guys just to bury the hatchet like you say and stop the bullshit.  Not for us, but for them.  It isn't healthy..

I think Slash can be a great bandmate again.  I really want to see where he is on his 3rd solo album and 2nd in this "band" setting with the Conspirators..  Though Slash is the "leader" of that band, it does seem to be a band.  All these little experiences with other people may actually help him in Axl should they ever choose to get back together.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

"I think besides the fact they had their differences and Axl blames Slash for all the lost years, I think Axl was told that Slash is a bad guy by people he hired and paid for their advice and still really believes it to be true.

I'm glad that Duff and Axl are friends again but Slash and Duff both tell the same story about many of the things that went wrong including the signing over the rights to the GNR name but only Slash is the liar? It doesn't make much sense to me at this point in time. As far as I'm concerned it should have all blown over no matter what happened about 10 years ago. The past is the past and time should have healed that shit. Life is too short to waste so much time with hate especially when there is a lot of miscommunication about the facts. It would be a lot healthier to get to the bottom of it if you ask me.  Slash has said some shit about Axl that he does need to apologize for but there is a lot of things that Axl thinks that Slash lied about that are just 2 different sides of the story. I also think that Slash has said a lot of good things about Axl since then. "
Marc Canter, June 2014

That's from the one man who was there.
I think some folks should calm down and realise that it takes two to go to war.
Both men should hang their heads in shame for thir handling of the whole thing.
And we should all stop arguing about it and hope to get a decent song or two out of both of them before its too late...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^what that guy said.....

misterID

misterID wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

"I think besides the fact they had their differences and Axl blames Slash for all the lost years, I think Axl was told that Slash is a bad guy by people he hired and paid for their advice and still really believes it to be true.

I'm glad that Duff and Axl are friends again but Slash and Duff both tell the same story about many of the things that went wrong including the signing over the rights to the GNR name but only Slash is the liar? It doesn't make much sense to me at this point in time. As far as I'm concerned it should have all blown over no matter what happened about 10 years ago. The past is the past and time should have healed that shit. Life is too short to waste so much time with hate especially when there is a lot of miscommunication about the facts. It would be a lot healthier to get to the bottom of it if you ask me.  Slash has said some shit about Axl that he does need to apologize for but there is a lot of things that Axl thinks that Slash lied about that are just 2 different sides of the story. I also think that Slash has said a lot of good things about Axl since then. "
Marc Canter, June 2014

That's from the one man who was there.
I think some folks should calm down and realise that it takes two to go to war.
Both men should hang their heads in shame for thir handling of the whole thing.
And we should all stop arguing about it and hope to get a decent song or two out of both of them before its too late...

Uh... yeah. That's what we've been saying, dude. There are two sides to every story. And you cannot ignore the things I pointed out, either. Duff has even said that he and Slash have different versions of what happened. And like I said, if Slash did apologize for something, whatever, it would be something that might open the door for a truce. Take away any reunion ideas, that's not going to happen, and in a way, it might actually be good, because there would be no business and legal shit to get in the way of two friends making amends.

At the end of the day, I want to see Axl and Slash bury the hatchet and see Slash jam on stage with him and hear Axl sing on one of his solo albums. That would be cool. I personally think the door is open.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

Those are a lot of maybe's to swallow, Mikka... And why would they have needed to call Axl? It's the ASCAP's responsibility to pay them their money.

And I still haven't seen where Axl did anything dirty or ugly, or underhanded to get the name. All of those myths have pretty much been snuffed out, from how it went down to the manner.  And how in the world did it become the hipster thing to do to defend Axl?

Those maybes were there for irony. We don't know if they called Axl or didn't, we only have Axl's lawyer's press release that doesn't prove anything.

I still can't understand how you don't get that the name issue was dirty business. They signed over the name for whatever reason, but for not a single cent? Is it likely that anyone would do this without major pressure? Hell no. The only exception is if they're so high or crazy that they can't stand for their own interest. Any case, it was dirty. Also, they were pretty much fooled out of their own band and downgraded to employees. Isn't it dirty business? When Axl cut Izzy's money (which led to his leaving) was also dirty business, don't you think? Slash N' Duff had plenty of times to experience how business works in Axl's land. It's obvious that when their money income were directed to Axl, they pissed off.

Hipsters: as far as I know hipsters hype something that isn't popular/mainstream. As soon as it gets trendy, they change horse and hype something else. Hardcore Axl defending isn't popular anymore on GN'R boards. Yet suddenly one of the biggest Axl critics, Axlin sees the light and changes horse. I like the guy but his posts in the past few months are screaming for attention. At least this is how I see it.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Axlin, I know that now, that Axl Rose officially became the synonym of failure, it's a hipster thing to defend him and not care about reality.You'd probably find HTGTH a better place than you used to.

Go fuck yourself with that statement. I consider that a HUGE insult considering my past history here.

I'm getting really tired of your bullshit that when i'm sucking Slash & Duff's dick you've got nothing but karma praise, but if I think objectively for once, or even provide sources, AGAIN you come out with this delusions and lack of reality bullshit.

So i'll just keep it petty. Nearly 18,000 posts. 712+ karma.

I know what the fuck i'm doing, just try to keep up boy.

Ouch, I must have touched a nerve.

First of all - are you saying that when you were "sucking off Slash & Duff's dick" it wasn't your honest opinion? Or what's the problem if I happened to like some of your posts and gave you positive karma? Is it a crime? Sorry, I don't get your point.

Also, check your karma points. Last time I gave you a + was during the "S.Hudson-gate", when I thought that the Axl camp tried to avoid calling Slash Slash in the dvd's liner notes. You, very wisely, asked me to check my Slash CDs to know how he credits himself. It turned out that he's now using "S. Hudson". I gave you a karma for that. So your argument about me liking only your pro-Slash and anti-Axl posts lost all credibility.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

Slash has never admitted to the Snake pit as a GN'R album where he told Axl to just sing on it, which Matt backed up. Slash constantly calls Axl a dictator, when a lot of GNR's decisions were made by Slash: Gilby, Matt, Touring. I can't think of a bigger dictator move than to give someone some songs and say: "Sing on this." Slash lied about going to Axl's house to save face. He admitted that, finally. And the lawsuit: lawyers HAVE to have your permission before they file anything in your name, unless they have power of attorney over your estate. To even suggested this was done without their knowledge is laughable. This had ZERO to do with Velvet Revolver. These are personal cases. And all they had to do was contact the ASCAP... It goes to show how vicious and contentious this relationship is, and not just from Axl's side.

These two fuckers are never going to be in a studio again. That's the point. And it's ironic that you're ignoring the thread title here... Slash is now blaming the media after all these years of feeding them shit to stir against Axl. I haven't heard him come out and say in all these years that any press he's given was twisted and not his own. Hopefully, it's a sign that he's going to approach this in a more diplomatic way, perhaps one that gets him in Axl's good graces and we'll see them on stage again. But it will never be as GN'R, unless it's a one off farewell show. And Axlin and I didn't kill anyone over anything. We were saying, just because you're finding articles where Slash says something happened, doesn't mean IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED THAT WAY. Again, reference the thread title and original article. And some articles were given where Slash said the reason for the breakup was specifically because they were moving into two distinctly different musical directions. What about when he says that? Nothing about dictatorship or anything. He actually supported the new band before he was against it, and before he became indifferent, actually wanting to support Axl's new direction and wanting to play on stage with the new band. Somehow, it all has to be against Axl, and Slash has to be the flawless victim.

You can't move forward when you're constantly wishing for things to move backward. It isn't going to happen, dude.

Problem is that you take Axl's words as gospel. They are not. I think Axl's supposed Slash quote "Just shut up and sing" could have been taken out of the context. First of all, some fans assume it meant that Axl was forced to sing Slash's lyrics. Absolutely untrue, since 1, Slash only wrote Be The Ball's lyrics for the 5 O' Clock album 2, some of the songs (written by Eric or Gilby) were about Axl 3, the lyrics were written AFTER Axl rejected the tracks/most of the tracks. So no fucking way Axl was forced to sing someone else's lyrics. It's more likely that the "shut up and sing" comment was about wanting Axl finally do something. I guess Youth told that in the late 90s the songs still had no vocals and all Axl wanted to do is recording vocals for the AFD remake. Also, slash admitted that he didn't hear Axl sing in the last 2 years.

On the other hand (and it goes back to the original subject) I absolutely agree that Slash can't criticize the media for all the shit that went through between them. He said a lot of cruel/nasty things about Axl, so he really played his major part. It's another story what Axl did publicly, but Slash is responsible, for sure.

BTW @ the "Slash lies" topic. Marc Canter stated that Slash is doing "white lies", and he's doing it to look cool. He mentioned his "I'm too cool of a rocker for ballads" attitude and said that Slash's story about hating SCOM never hold water. (I'd add the "I played the exact same NR solo when I first heard the song/I always come up with the right solo for the first time I try"-bullshit.) But that's it. Nothing major.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I still can't understand how you don't get that the name issue was dirty business. They signed over the name for whatever reason, but for not a single cent? Is it likely that anyone would do this without major pressure? Hell no. The only exception is if they're so high or crazy that they can't stand for their own interest. Any case, it was dirty. Also, they were pretty much fooled out of their own band and downgraded to employees. Isn't it dirty business? When Axl cut Izzy's money (which led to his leaving) was also dirty business, don't you think? Slash N' Duff had plenty of times to experience how business works in Axl's land. It's obvious that when their money income were directed to Axl, they pissed off.

What money were they supposed to be entitled to? The financial arrangement remained exactly the same as before as far as I recall. Axl never cared about money, taking over the band had nothing to do with that. The "major pressure" you're speaking of is, if true, that Doug told Slash and Duff that Axl might not go on stage if they didn't sign. Not exactly a novel prospect for them is it? And are we supposed to believe that Slash and Duff knew nothing about this name thing before Doug Goldstein popped up in their trailer before a gig? Likely this was a development with some time in the making, and with sober participants. The actual signing of the documents might have occurred before that gig. So why did they do it? Likely because the money stayed the same and Axl was already a Dictator in everything but writing, so what's the big deal? It's only later, when, according to Axl, Slash became embarrassed at the realization that he was now technically just an employee, so he put the entire band in limbo, eventually leaving, to try and pressure Axl into concessions.

The only dirty business I see here is Slash when he tries to overturn a decision he made willingly, and in the process ending the band. And Goldstein for weaseling in a threat which Axl probably didn't intend for him to do. Taking over the band like Axl did is certainly not the ideal image of a bandmate, but he was upfront about it, so nothing dirty. GN'R was always Axl's band in practice. Either he agreed to something or it didn't happen, so more of a natural progression as band matters became more formalized. Nobody got screwed out of any cash or real decision making.

Hipsters: as far as I know hipsters hype something that isn't popular/mainstream. As soon as it gets trendy, they change horse and hype something else. Hardcore Axl defending isn't popular anymore on GN'R boards.

Hipsters go for the unknown, the obscure, the forgotten. They don't go for previously popular trends which are now uncool. There's a reason you don't see any hipsters with riding boots and swastikas. And if there's an Adolf Hitler in rock n' roll, it has to be Axl Rose.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'm not taking anyones words as gospel, mikka. I just, and I'm being completely serious, I haven't seen Axl caught in a lie. When explaining the name deal and how it had been distorted by stories about holding the band ransom with not touring and forcing them while they were intoxicated, that his side of the story was that he wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on and would have lost in court if had tried that, not to mention he was found he did have the rights to the name in court. And he actually made a good point about wanting the name to protect himself, and as he saw it, the band he started, from not only people like Niven, but also the Nirvanaesque prospect of having to deal with the wives and estates of members who might actually die because of their lifestyle, sending Axl's life and acreer in utter turmoil. According to him, he had placed in writing what he told each member when they joined, that if they quit, he was carrying on with GN'R, that he would not dissolve the band. Whatever the reson, they decided to support the deal, they weren't cheated any money from what I can tell, as they still make the same money on their work with the band. And a court found the deal to be legal. I buy that.   

All I know is that both Matt, Axl, and Marc (I believe) even stated that Slash gave Axl the Snakepit songs to sing on. I don't know if he meant to write lyrics and sing to them, to sing his lyrics, or he eventually removed his lyrics. I don't know. But still, when Slash claims he left over dicatorship, it's hard for me to see it that way when you make a move like that, and that he had so much say over the band before that, from Matt to Gilby, etc.

That's what I'm saying.

I'll also say that Axlin has supported Axl and the new band before, there wasn't nything sudden in his change, he just does that 16

And to be fair, when he was bagging Axl, and was getting all kinds of support from Bono, Axlin went to a show, came back loving the lineup and the show and was MERCILESSLY attacked over it. So, Axlin has a history of seeing both sides and being very opinionated about his views.

Board footer