You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2006 Tour Retrospective - Resurrected

I dunno about the CD intro.   That surely makes the whole song.   I be willing to wager that the public would like that, people like a great build up to a song.   Look at Jungle.   Granted it's not Jungle and I don't want to get into comparisons but I'd say that CD without the buildup imo wouldn't be as strong of a song.   I never really liked CD all that much until that build up.

AtariLegend wrote:

I love it better without the intro, like the 01-02 version.

It makes the "Out Of Time" so much more, when it only lasts around 2:50, with the total crash at the end.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

russtcb wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

I dunno about the CD intro.   That surely makes the whole song.   I be willing to wager that the public would like that, people like a great build up to a song.   Look at Jungle.   Granted it's not Jungle and I don't want to get into comparisons but I'd say that CD without the buildup imo wouldn't be as strong of a song.   I never really liked CD all that much until that build up.

I don't think CD would be a single. If it was, I would imagine it would be a later single depending on the success of the record.

But even if it were released with the intro in tact, DJs would ofcourse talk over it until at least the point where the riff starts if not all the way until the vocals.

Yeah that intro wouldn't work on radio, until the guitar kicks in the sound is quiet and subtle, unless you had your stereo cranked right up that's nearly a minute of 'dead air' for a radio station. If CD was ever to be played on radio I would imagine it would begin when Finck's riff starts, it would be a sin if they left out Axls opening scream and just started the song on the vocals.

Board footer