You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

Vale wrote:

This apology has clearly gone wrong. More oil into the fire of reunion speculations.

AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

It has come to me attention that Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight.

Am I the only one on the internet that took that as another dig at Axl, as opposed to Axl getting ready for a reunion?

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
misterID wrote:

It has come to me attention that Axl is on a strict diet and losing weight.

Am I the only one on the internet that took that as another dig at Axl, as opposed to Axl getting ready for a reunion?

No. A few posters over at Truth thought it was a lame assed apology as well, myself included.

I don't think that's a bad thing though. To me, this implies that Ash was forced to give a reluctant apology because someone (Slash) came down on him hard.  Also, the comment that it's come to his attention that Axl is on a diet implies there is communication between the camps.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

He has a point with the weight, all things considered.

axl-rose-2006-02.jpg

Axl in '06.

1334189593_axl-rose-467.jpg

Axl in '11.

He's still in reasonable shape for his age and profession, but touring and boozing begin to add up. hmm

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

I wouldn't say he has a point.  If he had said Axl isn't in as good oh shape as he was 5 or 10 years ago, that would have been a point.  Calling someone a fat bastard is an insult.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I dont think the diet stuff is any tip or clue to plans. It sounds kind of like Slash was diplomatic with his ass chewing. Like, "dude, that was real low, Axl is trying to get in shape right now, and that was a real asshole thing to say."

It looked to me as a begrudging apology with one last dig to let people know he's not doing it because he wants to. If anything, the only positive here is that he says  he made Slash upset, which I think is real.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

It's an insincere apology, the Axl diet thing I took as a joke.

It does sound like it's touched a nerve with Slash though, which is interesting.

We are assuming as he's Slash's brother he'd be in the know, of course he might not be. On the evidence available I wouldn't tell this clown jackshit either.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Calling someone a fat bastard is an insult.

True, that's out of line.

The point is, tho, a successful reunion requires Axl to be in fighting shape, sonically and physically. A reunion show with Bridge School vocals would label him a has-been. A performance on par with Bucharest '10, on the other hand...

Would this be sufficient alongside a WOF-era Slash?

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

@apex - hell yes it would.

I still think Axl has that in him though.  There were a couple of shows in Vegas last year where he was on fire, and he very well may be getting into fighting shape as we speak preparing for next year.

Reunion or not, I'm excited for what's to come next year. Well, hopefully next year. Lol

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

I already applaud Axl for staying out of this.

It's interesting. Slash says he and Axl have mended fences some. The way I read it, their relations are currently better than, say, 2009.

Then again, this has been a long-term process. Duff first joined Guns on stage in London, October 2010. (I suppose Duff could play guitar on something somewhere... - Axl, Feb 2009)

Axl wrote:

[Since the RRHOF announcement in Dec 2011, we've] communicated with... former members of Guns N' Roses... and read various public comments and jabs from [them].

On Dec 16th, 2011, Duff played with Guns in Seattle. Axl congratulated Duff and the rest of Guns for the nomination.

Axl and Izzy doing 14 Years live in May 2012, merely six weeks after they blew the induction ceremony.

Duff came back to Guns in 2014. I'd say at that point, Axl and Slash were thawing their issues. Duff could've been the messenger. Close proximity to Axl and a straight line to Slash. There's an opportunity to "dispell some of that negative stuff that was going on for so long".

The fact that Axl passed the chance to hammer down on Slash's brother is telling in itself.

Board footer