You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

polluxlm wrote:

Me I'd rather see CD2 than a reunion any day. I'm in it for the music, always was. At this point a reunion gig only offers a chance to take a selfie shot of yourself attending it. You've heard the songs before, and performed better.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

My primary concern for a reunion would be new music. I'd much rather hear new music with the original band, then the "CDII" which I think will probably suck anyway. If it was any good, it would have come out first. Just my opinion...

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'd take new music from the old band as well, but with Axl being Axl I'd imagine that would take a while. Not sure Slash would be down for it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

There are all kinds of rumors out there from various sources.  Not sure what to believe anymore...I thought the "insider" days were long gone, but apparently not.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

People that know Meegan would be a good place to find an insider

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

There are all kinds of rumors out there from various sources.  Not sure what to believe anymore...I thought the "insider" days were long gone, but apparently not.

I'm losing track. I browse three forums, and all three claim to have insiders.

Usually when we get a snippet of something like this (anybody remember the silent era after the first tour implosion?) then the "insiders" really amp up the boards with juicy bits, most of which never happen. Fun reading though I suppose.

I do always get a laugh out of the posts that claim to be in-the-know, or "knew about this months ago." Whoop-de-doo.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I listened to the Black Crowes Croweology over the weekend. GnR could easily do something like that. Not even covering the old hits, just an epic acoustic album, laid back & slower, similar to an extended version of Lies 4 acoustic tracks.

However as Polluxlm said, Axl being Axl I'm afraid that might take a while.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

People that know Meegan would be a good place to find an insider

And Erin's been in contact with Axl supposedly also, which is why she's been making comments and posting pictures of Axl, including their wedding photo. Jim said they were expecting Slash to mention a "truce" on CBS show when made the said never say never comment, but he decided not to for whatever reason.

One of the big problems was Perla.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I listened to the Black Crowes Croweology over the weekend. GnR could easily do something like that. Not even covering the old hits, just an epic acoustic album, laid back & slower, similar to an extended version of Lies 4 acoustic tracks.

Or even a 4 track ep to go along with a mini tour would get my approval.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

BLS-Pride wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Or even a 4 track ep to go along with a mini tour would get my approval.

See I don't know why Axl couldn't just release singles or an EP of the best cuts of the vault material as a digital download on iTunes. Even an acoustic studio or live set for a cheap price, people would buy. Especially when it comes down to the fact that the general public don't buy albums anymore. Probably still problems with the label that won't let him go 100% independent with his own Black Frog.

Board footer