You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Donald Trump running for President

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Iran means land of Aryans. It's from their Persian heritage who named themselves so.

http://www.iranchamber.com/geography/ar … e_iran.php

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Interesting, didn't know that.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

They were pals because they both hated the Jews.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

To me the idea is you stop everyone,  not just Muslims. That solves every discrimination issue I care about.

Okay, at least that's a clear position that I can definitely respect from an ethical point of view. I just don't think it's practical, the damage to the US economy would be astronomical if it couldn't do business with the rest of the world anymore. Exports alone represent 13.5% of the GDP and there's no way you can do exports if your trade partners can't even visit your country, but even worse imports are 16.5% of the GDP. Even if you just look at tourism and were to find a way to allow business travel alone, the US at 75 million tourists per year draws the second most visitors of any country in the world (after France). They are responsible for a whopping 8.5% of the GDP.

So for all the conservative talk about job creation, how the fuck does Trump's plan not destroy hundreds of thousands of jobs in the US? It literally puts nearly 40% of the GDP on the line!

TheMole

TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Stats on Muslims presented by a Muslim.

That's a very interesting video, thanks for posting!

I'm not an Islam apologist, and I'm not a leftist (I always vote for one of the two right-wing parties here in Belgium (though not the far right party) ) and I'm definitely not PC, so you'll get no contest from me on the very real problem that exists in Islam. None of this video is news to me, I've been following this topic for a long time with great interest, but it's great to see it all laid out in one place with clear exposition.

However, you can't police people's thoughts, you can only police their actions and the number of people taking action is extremely low. When I talk about using statistics to inform policy, I talk about the actual real-life impact that radical Islamic terrorism has on the average American's day-to-day life, not how many muslims have radical thoughts or believe crazy violent shit. When you look at those numbers (I gave them before) they pale in comparison to other types of violence in the US. Should we not focus on other things instead then?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The Mole , I agree America has other issues. But right now this is the scariest. An ideology is more dangerous than the random criminal.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
TheMole wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

To me the idea is you stop everyone,  not just Muslims. That solves every discrimination issue I care about.

Okay, at least that's a clear position that I can definitely respect from an ethical point of view. I just don't think it's practical, the damage to the US economy would be astronomical if it couldn't do business with the rest of the world anymore. Exports alone represent 13.5% of the GDP and there's no way you can do exports if your trade partners can't even visit your country, but even worse imports are 16.5% of the GDP. Even if you just look at tourism and were to find a way to allow business travel alone, the US at 75 million tourists per year draws the second most visitors of any country in the world (after France). They are responsible for a whopping 8.5% of the GDP.

So for all the conservative talk about job creation, how the fuck does Trump's plan not destroy hundreds of thousands of jobs in the US? It literally puts nearly 40% of the GDP on the line!

Tourism and business travel are not immigration. Completely different topics. I've yet to hear about a tourist doing mass murder. I think that the process there can probably be tightened up too, but that's not the issue being discussed as I understand it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
TheMole wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Tourism and business travel are not immigration. Completely different topics. I've yet to hear about a tourist doing mass murder. I think that the process there can probably be tightened up too, but that's not the issue being discussed as I understand it.

The Visa Waiver program is one where can "visit" the US and then they don't leave. This is one area we must tighten up.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

"Enemies of freedom, face the music
Come on boys! Take them down

President Donald Trump knows how
To make America great

Deal from strength
Or get crushed every time"

This is some fucking totalitarian regime rally sounding shit:

TheMole

TheMole wrote:

At least that North Korean song doesn't like the demo loop from a Casiotone 501 big_smile

Board footer