You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: How much of the board actually believes a reunion will happen?

Will wrote:

I can see why people think it will happen, but I'm still on the "no" side of the fence. Silence from Guns cannot be taken as confirmation that a reunion is taking place though imo. Silence is run of the mill really.

James Lofton wrote:

Like Apex said, he has no bargaining chips left. Yes he has control over whether or not a reunion takes place but that's it.

Isn't that the only chip anyone in the industry cares about though? If the industry folk don't play ball with Axl they can all kiss goodbye to the big reunion money.

Do you think we will see a reunion within the next few years?

Yes 75%
No 25%
Total votes: 40
Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Doesn't matter what we think.... It is about what we know from the car wash....  Haha

GET YOUR POPCORN READY, THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!!!!!!!!!!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Will wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Like Apex said, he has no bargaining chips left. Yes he has control over whether or not a reunion takes place but that's it.

Isn't that the only chip anyone in the industry cares about though? If the industry folk don't play ball with Axl they can all kiss goodbye to the big reunion money.

The next Guns record used to mean the world for Geffen.
Now, touring is where the big bucks lie. That spells reunion.

My guess would be that Axl would barter a reunion for future albums.
Put Slash on a few songs on CD2. Instant interest on the material.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Doesn't matter what we think.... It is about what we know from the car wash....  Haha

lol. 

"It's gonna happen. I know a guy."
"...who said there's gonna be a reunion?"
"No, but he met somebody at a car wash who said there's gonna be a reunion!"

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

lol. 

"It's gonna happen. I know a guy."
"...who said there's gonna be a reunion?"
"No, but he met somebody at a car wash who said there's gonna be a reunion!"

Haha, my source is the singer in the above video.

'''
 Rep: 0 

''' wrote:

Woooooo, maybe baby.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Thought about for a good while. Didn't reach a conclusion.

On the one hand nothing has changed. Axl has given no indication he plans to give up his Guns. What the other members are saying is nothing new either.

On the other you have 2 guitarists and a bassist going out the door, not much general interest in "Axls Guns" and legal issues.

A short term reunion could solve that, but it could also hinder Axl's version of Guns. Is he going to reunite with Slash, do some big shows, then continue on with "nu guns"? Maybe, maybe not.

Imo if it was a money issue it would have already happened. If Axl decided he wasn't interested in releasing much new music anymore, it would have happened. The fact that it has not suggests he still has plans for the future, creatively.

If a reunion could help with that, then yes I could see it as a possibility. If not, it won't happen until they're 65 or something. So I vote NO since friendly relations (supposedly) with Slash and confirmation from Adler's singer is not quite enough to change what was previously a 99% chance of not happening anytime soon.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl, Slash, and Duff will tour together. I'm more amazed that there are people in the no camp at this point.

Someone mentioned the silence as not being evidence. It is when you consider everyone is silent. Slash the media whore is silent. He shut down his brother. The only person talking is the former drummer's lead singer, and he made a random comment to some random guy at a car wash.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Haha, my source is the singer in the above video.

I don't think you answered my one question from earlier, how did you know it was him? 

Just wondering.

Sky Dog wrote:

I voted yes but don't think it will be until 2017...30th anniversary of AFD

Board footer