You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: How much of the board actually believes a reunion will happen?

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Haha, my source is the singer in the above video.

I don't think you answered my one question from earlier, how did you know it was him? 

Just wondering.

We are from the same town. I have seen him play for 15 years. I have talked to him before and nobody else on the planet let alone Birmingham, AL looks like him. He married a girl from my high school.

Do you think we will see a reunion within the next few years?

Yes 75%
No 25%
Total votes: 40

johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Axl, Slash, and Duff will tour together. I'm more amazed that there are people in the no camp at this point.

Someone mentioned the silence as not being evidence. It is when you consider everyone is silent. Slash the media whore is silent. He shut down his brother. The only person talking is the former drummer's lead singer, and he made a random comment to some random guy at a car wash.

agree on all of this.
a veritable case of the silence being deafening, especially from the big man (& his usually frothing mouthpiece's TB, who in years gone by would've been jarmo-ing the shit out of reunion talk).
(tho, also, they could simply have reached the stage where they've already said all they've had to say on the matter & are still entrenched in the bitterness).

it's happening.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Haha, my source is the singer in the above video.

I don't think you answered my one question from earlier, how did you know it was him? 

Just wondering.

We are from the same town. I have seen him play for 15 years. I have talked to him before and nobody else on the planet let alone Birmingham, AL looks like him. He married a girl from my high school.

Ok.  Wasn't doubting you, that was just the biggest part of the story which I couldn't figure out.  Pretty arbitrary sighting.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

In some form or another it will happen. I see something limited most likely. Anything past a few gigs and I would be surprised. I am hoping for more than that though and at least a chance to see it in person.

AtariLegend wrote:

My issue believing it is that nothing points towards it. Slash either denies it or refuses to talk about it, since he keeps getting asked.

Pittman has been spending alot of time with Axl, presumably according to Twitter/Instagram over the past few months. Slash keeps publicly making plans for next year.

None of the media have any reliable sources. There was the Rock In Rio one from a Portuguese paper that cited the Independent which cited a frickin low brow (click bait) tabloid.

Axl's stance may have eased against Slash, but even if it has. What would Axl's real interest be in it? I don't think Axl really needs the money. I'm sure Izzy would be fine with more money and playing a few shows with his friends, but I doubt anything past it. Adler would ruin it the next day even if everything was all great. He'd say something and Axl would be off.

Axl would just be making himself a target during this tour even if he showed on time at every show. Anything that goes wrong would be blamed on him.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

My issue believing it is that nothing points towards it. Slash either denies it or refuses to talk about it, since he keeps getting asked.

Pittman has been spending alot of time with Axl, presumably according to Twitter/Instagram over the past few months. Slash keeps publicly making plans for next year.

None of the media have any reliable sources. There was the Rock In Rio one from a Portuguese paper that cited the Independent which cited a frickin low brow (click bait) tabloid.

Axl's stance may have eased against Slash, but even if it has. What would Axl's real interest be in it? I don't think Axl really needs the money. I'm sure Izzy would be fine with more money and playing a few shows with his friends, but I doubt anything past it. Adler would ruin it the next day even if everything was all great. He'd say something and Axl would be off.

Axl would just be making himself a target during this tour even if he showed on time at every show. Anything that goes wrong would be blamed on him.

+1

Sky Dog wrote:

kinda with Atari here but I say 2016 Axl and Slash clear the decks with their own projects and in 2017, it's on like Donkey Kong.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

What would it take to be a reliable source?  Beta?  Would it really take Beta telling someone that the contracts are signed before you'd believe it?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think if Beta was a source that would be huge. Maybe we should ask her?!?

AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

What would it take to be a reliable source?  Beta?  Would it really take Beta telling someone that the contracts are signed before you'd believe it?

Axl himself or even Duff, Izzy, Slash.

Board footer