You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

Smoking Guns wrote:

Apex, we have the following "clues"
Axl and Slash "making up"
Promoters
Carwash
Nikki Sixx
Duff's Wife and Her Pal
Eddie Trunk from Months ago
Lack of Denial
Slash refusing to discuss it
DJ leaving the band
Bumble Leaving the band
Tommy leaving the band

This is all circumstantial yes, but the stars are aligning.

AtariLegend wrote:

Other than the lack of denial, which I'll grant is starting to mean more as time goes by, there's nothing else.

Slash's stance was that he didn't want to be asked about a reunion in every interview between now and the end of time. Axl and Slash no longer hating each other, doesn't mean they're best friends again.

Random people with no affiliation to the people involved saying things mean nothing. Eddie trunk, please. He's said stuff like that on/off for over half a decade and then backtracked. He's just guessing or Bumblefoot was trolling him. He had Adler on his podcast and was trying to convince Adler that he'd be on a reunion show.

Tabloids spewing out rumors to other places that pick the story and run with it mean nothing.

Duff's wife didn't react and didn't seem to know what the other drunken friend said and it's assumed (well by some fans) that even if there was a new-guns tour next year that Duff would probably there.

Tommy gave an interview from where this Tommy is out business came from and non of it mentioned a reunion. Fairly easy to see why Tommy would have been peeved off though given what he described.

As for Bumblefoot, let's be honest. Nice guy or not, him being added to Chinese ruined multiple tracks. There was no need for a 5th/6th guitarist to be added to the album as a good will gesture or for band image, because the album wasn't released until 2 years after he joined. He never created that music and is a big part of the album is over produced argument. I seriously doubt he wrote anything that Axl would have accepted that would have shown up on the next album. Bumblefoot's legacy is basically going to be little better than Gilby Clarke, the ultimate additional musician.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Other than the lack of denial, which I'll grant is starting to mean more as time goes by, there's nothing else.

Slash's stance was that he didn't want to be asked about a reunion in every interview between now and the end of time. Axl and Slash no longer hating each other, doesn't mean they're best friends again.

Random people with no affiliation to the people involved saying things mean nothing. Eddie trunk, please. He's said stuff like that on/off for over half a decade and then backtracked. He's just guessing or Bumblefoot was trolling him. He had Adler on his podcast and was trying to convince Adler that he'd be on a reunion show.

Tabloids spewing out rumors to other places that pick the story and run with it mean nothing.

Duff's wife didn't react and didn't seem to know what the other drunken friend said and it's assumed (well by some fans) that even if there was a new-guns tour next year that Duff would probably there.

Tommy gave an interview from where this Tommy is out business came from and non of it mentioned a reunion. Fairly easy to see why Tommy would have been peeved off though given what he described.

As for Bumblefoot, let's be honest. Nice guy or not, him being added to Chinese ruined multiple tracks. There was no need for a 5th/6th guitarist to be added to the album as a good will gesture or for band image, because the album wasn't released until 2 years after he joined. He never created that music and is a big part of the album is over produced argument. I seriously doubt he wrote anything that Axl would have accepted that would have shown up on the next album. Bumblefoot's legacy is basically going to be little better than Gilby Clarke, the ultimate additional musician.

Atari you need to turn on your karma.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Apex, we have the following "clues"

Thanks for these.

To me, they are circumstantial.

Basically, I see other people riled up about the idea of reunion.
IMO, Slash is trying to tone it down as nothing's that easy with Guns.

DJ leaving the band
Bumble Leaving the band
Tommy leaving the band

It's funny how people were saying 'This band's over,' when two guitarists were announced to leave earlier in the year.
Then, it turned out to be a good thing. Ditto Tommy, he's on hiatus or whatever, but the idea of his exit is received with glee.

It's really a sorry job, when you're in the band for a decade or two, and people still cheer when you step down, as they want you to make room for your predecessor.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Some of you wouldn't believe it if Beta told you the contracts for Slash and Duff were already signed.

AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Some of you wouldn't believe it if Beta told you the contracts for Slash and Duff were already signed.

...but isn't that about the only thing certain people would believe Beta on, if she said it?

The forums unfortunately would reject any statement by Beta other than that a reunion is happening. They'd just say nothing will be announced until after Slash gets a divorce, 2017 or until the 30th Anniversary.

If a reunion isn't happening, this will basically be the Hall of Fame all over again. Now it might happen, but if doesn't people will still be speculating about it for the 40th Anniversary.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash/Axl/Duff are letting these reunion rumors grow. This is not the fan's fault.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash/Axl/Duff are letting these reunion rumors grow. This is not the fan's fault.

As it was w/ RRHOF, right?

I'd like to thank the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame and our fans. This is your victory. - Axl, Dec 2011.

It's pretty much in line with what he later said about RRHOF. An honor he can live without, but he appreciated the gesture.
Still, people kept on hoping for another four months that he'd both attend and perform.

Shooting these current reunion rumours down would achieve little else than have peeps cry out what a washed-up egotist he is, robbing us from seeing the old lineup. Why'd he bother?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I've been playing around with a theory this is all something certain ex members want to happen. Slash offering a little nugget to the Swedish press, then acting all surprised it gets attention. Refusing to talk about it again. Surely he's not that wet behind the ears.

Then you have girlfriends, friends claiming they've heard. A fine way for Duff and Steven to get out info without doing it themselves. Maybe it's all just a pitch to Axl? If a reunion was already done and finalized, which it would need to be, I don't see any reason for all of this secrecy and beating around the bush.

It was the same with the Hof. Slash and Izzy giving us I don't knows and maybes. Clearly they want it, but as always the red headed one is the final piece of the puzzle. Looks like he's not fully there this time around either.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I've been playing around with a theory this is all something certain ex members want to happen. Slash offering a little nugget to the Swedish press, then acting all surprised it gets attention. Refusing to talk about it again. Surely he's not that wet behind the ears.

And again, Slash planted that into the CBS This Morning over three months prior.
The interviewer refers to what Slash told them before, leading him on to it.

I think Slash was referring to the clearance of AFDem and the ability to suss biz matters out.
Axl has been a nightmare to work with re: back catalogue licensing in the past.

polluxlm wrote:

Maybe it's all just a pitch to Axl?

"Old Guns promotion."
That's what Axl would call it.

He owns the name, so the reunion is his call to make, ultimately.

Board footer