You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

Smoking Guns wrote:

They spoke of the rnrhof and hoped Axl would show. They got Myles at the last second. They really didn't know what would happen. This is much different IMO.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

AtariLegend wrote:

Ultimate Guitar are clamming that the announcement will be next according to what they've read on GN'R France. Unfortunately the page they cited as their source lists the rumors we've already discussed and why they (GN'R France Admins) don't believe it'll happen.

Really poor reporting. Though I should say, my French is not that great!

I hope the-real-jessica is doing okay, our long term french poster who's been MIA a few years.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Has Slash2Baz been posting? He is from Slash France.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

From Slash2Baz (Slash's fan forum contact like Jarmo used to be to GNR)

Well, what i've said in french there is that Slash's new Conspirators album is set to be recorded in April, then Slash is supposed to go on tour with Myles until fall 2016. That's the plan.
BUT i've heard a different story nowadays (not from Slash / staff) but from some good reliable sources who said Gn'R original line up should reunite for a stadium tour in Europe in May 2016.
So i've 2 differents stories in my ears right now. I still don't think it's gonna happen. I don't buy it.
I'll see Slash this week, i'll ask him

Guys, even Slash's Jarmo is hearing the same shit.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

For the record, Slash2Baz doesn't believe a reunion is happening but admits he is hearing about it more. So he is like many here, skeptical until he has a ticket in his hand.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Other than the lack of denial, which I'll grant is starting to mean more as time goes by, there's nothing else.

Slash's stance was that he didn't want to be asked about a reunion in every interview between now and the end of time. Axl and Slash no longer hating each other, doesn't mean they're best friends again.

Random people with no affiliation to the people involved saying things mean nothing. Eddie trunk, please. He's said stuff like that on/off for over half a decade and then backtracked. He's just guessing or Bumblefoot was trolling him. He had Adler on his podcast and was trying to convince Adler that he'd be on a reunion show.

Tabloids spewing out rumors to other places that pick the story and run with it mean nothing.

Duff's wife didn't react and didn't seem to know what the other drunken friend said and it's assumed (well by some fans) that even if there was a new-guns tour next year that Duff would probably there.

Tommy gave an interview from where this Tommy is out business came from and non of it mentioned a reunion. Fairly easy to see why Tommy would have been peeved off though given what he described.

As for Bumblefoot, let's be honest. Nice guy or not, him being added to Chinese ruined multiple tracks. There was no need for a 5th/6th guitarist to be added to the album as a good will gesture or for band image, because the album wasn't released until 2 years after he joined. He never created that music and is a big part of the album is over produced argument. I seriously doubt he wrote anything that Axl would have accepted that would have shown up on the next album. Bumblefoot's legacy is basically going to be little better than Gilby Clarke, the ultimate additional musician.

Not to make this about Ron, but he did help bring "Don't Cry" and "Estranged" back to the setlist by sampling those songs in his solo spot. That was pretty significant, in a live setting at least. Gilby gave us the "Dead Flowers" cover, which I certainly dig. True, they didn't contribute to new music, but since new music is hard to come by with this band maybe the contribution levels need to be expanded. Sad, but true.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

And "Wild Horses"!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Don't know if this has been posted:

A fan asked Sixx on Twitter last night if Guns N’ Roses were reuniting, and Sixx had a definitive response: ‘THEY ARE. EVERYBODY KNOWS.’ Sixx plays with former Guns N’ Roses guitarist DJ Ashba in Sixx:A.M., who he has a clear source in the Guns N’ Roses family.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

faldor wrote:

Not to make this about Ron, but he did help bring "Don't Cry" and "Estranged" back to the setlist by sampling those songs in his solo spot. That was pretty significant, in a live setting at least. Gilby gave us the "Dead Flowers" cover, which I certainly dig. True, they didn't contribute to new music, but since new music is hard to come by with this band maybe the contribution levels need to be expanded. Sad, but true.

I'm not wild about some of Bumble's contributions (Catcher in the Rye and Riad were far better with the earlier solos on the leaked demos) but I love his fretless work on the title track. His solos in Shackler's Revenge and Scraped are pretty handy, too (though I admit I'd be intrigued to hear what Buckethead laid down on Shackler's Revenge, since he wrote it).

Board footer