You are not logged in. Please register or login.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

Re: Potential Opening Acts

supaplex wrote:
Rex wrote:

Doesn't Dave Grohl have some kind of beef with Axl? Not sure Foo Fighters would be the best choice.

Other than the MTV awards incident in '92 i don't remember anything.
And that was a long time ago, i don't think it's an issue.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Rex wrote:

Doesn't Dave Grohl have some kind of beef with Axl? Not sure Foo Fighters would be the best choice.

He's pals with Duff, Slash, and Sorum (if he's part of any future shows or recordings). He'll get over it soon enough if the Foos agree to it.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

James Lofton wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah and look where that got us....  16

Would you say he was wrong in his assessment of CD?

Tough question. While I definitely think there are more than three good songs on the album I can understand to an extent why he would say that. I also assume he was comparing the material to old GNR but he shouldn't have been expecting anything like that.

Scary thing about his assessment is he heard all the material at the time and wasn't judging just the songs we've heard. I do wish in hindsight that Axl had never asked him to take a look at it because that seems to have set some things into motion and none of it helped the project. It hit a brick wall. It led to Baker's involvement if I have the timeline correct.

Funny you mention about hitting a brick wall, since The Wall is some of his best production work on an album. 16 The work he did on Alice's last album was pretty solid too.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Tesla, Brother Cane, Black Crowes, rob zombie, def leopard

Rob Zombie/GN'R... yes, please.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Rival Sons is a new band that could go well with the band. Avenged is also a good pick. Probably a good overlap of younger fans. Monster Truck too.. I know neemo is a fan.

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Rimov wrote:

Slash has RavenEye as suporing band during their summer US and autumn European tour, 2015. I saw them in Moscow, Nov 2015 and it was first time when i became a fan of a supporting band.

http://www.raveneyeofficial.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arh_bK0Cr-4

It's new band from UK and they fit to Slash shows perfectly. Obviously they has no big name to support reunited GNR, but if there will be 2 supporing bands the first could be RavenEye IMHO

AtariLegend wrote:

Foo Fighters (that someone suggested on the previous page) would be good for a supporting act, it'd definitely mean ticket sales. Not that they're my favorite band, but Foo Fighters in the UK at least I don't think play to small crowds.

Growl's comments about Axl might be a sticking point, but I'm assuming Growl wasn't at the "Pigeons of Shit Metal" show?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The 1992 tour probably ruined this chance, but a reunited Faith No More as an opener would be awesome.

Still would love to see Ghost. They are great live and are due for a slot opening on a major tour. Right now, they are headlining small theaters.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Fuck Faith No More. Patton sounds like a REAL asshole.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

Maybe it won't be a rock act.

Board footer