You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N' Roses-Velvet Revolver hybrid?

tejastech08 wrote:

I kinda hope at some point they go to The Troubadour and do a Blu-ray featuring just the original 5 guys playing Appetite and Lies all the way through along with KOHD, Don't Cry, and perhaps some Stones/ACDC stuff.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe Axl was shocked,yet relieved at the same time when DJ left.

I know I was.

That timeline was from MSL, BTW.

I think in hindsight he is happy because he didn't have to fire DJ and Slash is back and he now will have the record company and fans behind him for the first time since 1996.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I kinda hope at some point they go to The Troubadour and do a Blu-ray featuring just the original 5 guys playing Appetite and Lies all the way through along with KOHD, Don't Cry, and perhaps some Stones/ACDC stuff.

That would be the most kick ass thing ever.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

That would be the most kick ass thing ever.

It would be if Axl can bring his best voice. I think the others including Adler can be counted on to deliver a great one off show.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Yeah, I was hoping they could do one of their old club gigs for the original 5, but I think money would be a big thing for Adler.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Yeah, I was hoping they could do one of their old club gigs for the original 5, but I think money would be a big thing for Adler.

They could still do it later. Maybe between Coachella and the stadium tour. How fucking awesome would it be if they showed up at The Troubadour with a leak around the city that the 5 will play there? It would be an electric atmosphere.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Slash has helped take care of Adler for over 20 years trust me, they want him to make some good money so he can be set for a while too. These are not selfish guys. They will make sure Adler and Izzy get theirs.

AtariLegend wrote:
Axl wrote:

In the long run I paid very extensively for keeping Steven in Guns N' Roses. I paid $1.5 million by giving him 15% of my publishing off of Appetite For Destruction. He didn't write one goddamn note, but he calls me a selfish dick! He's been able to live off of that money, buy a shitload of drugs and hire lawyers to sue me. If and when he loses the lawsuit he has against us, and he has to pay those lawyers, if he has any money left, it'll be the money that came from Guns N' Roses and myself.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Axl wrote:

In the long run I paid very extensively for keeping Steven in Guns N' Roses. I paid $1.5 million by giving him 15% of my publishing off of Appetite For Destruction. He didn't write one goddamn note, but he calls me a selfish dick! He's been able to live off of that money, buy a shitload of drugs and hire lawyers to sue me. If and when he loses the lawsuit he has against us, and he has to pay those lawyers, if he has any money left, it'll be the money that came from Guns N' Roses and myself.

Why the 26 year old quote?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Axl wrote:

Why the 26 year old quote?

Because an Axl never forgets...

Not to mention nearly killing Erin, who they found naked and unconscious in his house.

Board footer