You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Official Statement coming from Guns camp tonight.

Smoking Guns wrote:
killingvector wrote:

That repository of recorded music is my concern now. What does Axl do with music recorded by a band that no longer exists and was never lucrative?

Let Slash and Duff make those tunes real rock songs?!?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
killingvector wrote:

That repository of recorded music is my concern now. What does Axl do with music recorded by a band that no longer exists and was never lucrative?

It likely wasn't any good anyway. Anything that was probably came from Axl and can be molded with help from Slash and Duff.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

How was Axl rehearsing if Frank was in the UK? If that is true Frank may have been a last second modification. Maybe the line up isn't 100% yet.

Axl never rehearsed with the bands.  And him rehearsing  his voice to get it in shape doesnt need the band.  He just needs to practice his vocal techniques.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

How was Axl rehearsing if Frank was in the UK? If that is true Frank may have been a last second modification. Maybe the line up isn't 100% yet.

Axl never rehearsed with the bands.  And him rehearsing  his voice to get it in shape doesnt need the band.  He just needs to practice his vocal techniques.

Buzz said he rehearsed with the band. Rumored to play FTP.  WAS THAT PROVEN FALSE?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
killingvector wrote:

The recordings have become steadily more stripped down, less electronic, like the live shows. The music was never a problem, CD got really good reviews, the roll out and drama was the thing that doomed it. Slash is a mega PR tool for an album, like a tour wink

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Buzz said he rehearsed with the band. Rumored to play FTP.  WAS THAT PROVEN FALSE?

Nothing can be proven true, either. A lot of what buzz heard I did, but not exactly the same. I can't say it isn't true or what I heard is more legit... Plus, this thing happened pretty suddenly, things are in flux like last night.

Our questions should be answered officially tonight... Maybe 16

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Oh I didnt see the with the band part, just rehearsing .  That is a first if he is doing that lol.

Also Adler could be the drummer and maybe Frank is there as a back up incase alder falls off the wagon

misterID

misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Also Adler could be the drummer and maybe Frank is there as a back up incase alder falls off the wagon

No. Most likely not.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:
killingvector wrote:

The recordings have become steadily more stripped down, less electronic, like the live shows. The music was never a problem, it got really good review, the roll out and drama was the thing that doomed it. Slash is a mega PR tool for an album, like a tour wink

Exactly, that is why the leaks were always better than the album versions, especially catcher in the rye.

I would love to see the classic GNR line up with slash play the Brian May version of CITR.

slash could also do his own this i love solo as well as the blues.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I can see the studio now when Slash asks to record to tape and the band sans Duff is like "what"?!?!  Slash is old school. GNR recorded new school. Shouldn't be an issue, but he can't just be rushed, the tone and all that shit needs to be organic and needs to be recorded his way or he will end up pissed like he was with VR's recordings. I guess he will do protools if he must to be a team player, but that isn't his style. I hope Mike Clink will do the new tracks.

Board footer