You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Official Statement coming from Guns camp tonight.

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Also Adler could be the drummer and maybe Frank is there as a back up incase alder falls off the wagon

No. Most likely not.

I hoe Dave is right!  Maybe Frank was a last second thing due to Sorum?

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I can see the studio now when Slash asks to record to tape and the band sans Duff is like "what"?!?!  Slash is old school. GNR recorded new school. Shouldn't be an issue, but he can't just be rushed, the tone and all that shit needs to be organic and needs to be recorded his way or he will end up pissed like he was with VR's recordings. I guess he will do protools if he must to be a team player, but that isn't his style. I hope Mike Clink will do the new tracks.

You would just take the vocal tracks of the CD sessions and have slash and duff, write music to them.  so what Axl had before on them wouldn't even matter. They would just need too hear the vocal melody Axl was using.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

Also Adler could be the drummer and maybe Frank is there as a back up incase alder falls off the wagon

No. Most likely not.

Did matt do something to piss off Axl last minute ?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

No. Most likely not.

From what I understand, Adler was never a consideration, and neither was Sorum. Slash literally replaced DJ. It all happened very quickly, luckily and serendipitously. It's no bullshit there were plans for a tour and album for 16, DJ and Nikki Sixx fucked it up royally, but created the best possible scenario.

I'm trying to find out the details, but I do know Slash knew DJ was gone before we did.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

No. Most likely not.

From what I understand, Adler was never a consideration, and neither was Sorum. Slash literally replaced DJ. It all happened very quickly, luckily and serendipitously like it was fated. It's no bullshit there were plans for a tour and album for 16, DJ and Nikki Sixx fucked it up royally, but created the best possible scenario.

I'm trying to find out the details, but I do know Slash knew DJ was gone before we did.

So it is true that Duff quietly replaced Tommy when he went back to the Mats in the band when DJ was still in the band ?

misterID

misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

From what I understand, Adler was never a consideration, and neither was Sorum. Slash literally replaced DJ. It all happened very quickly, luckily and serendipitously like it was fated. It's no bullshit there were plans for a tour and album for 16, DJ and Nikki Sixx fucked it up royally, but created the best possible scenario.

So it is true that Duff quietly replaced Tommy when he went back to the Mats in the band when DJ was still in the band ?

Yes. Tommy was out after Ron. Duff was in with DJ and part of those original '16 plans.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yes. Tommy was out after Ron. Duff was in with DJ and those original 16 plans.

I really hope its just Slash and Richard (or Izzy would be ideal but not likely) for the guitar players.  They don't need a 3rd and i def. don't want Dave since he has never been in guns n roses and would just be weird.  Plus why would slash want to share his solos with someone else.

misterID

misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

I really hope its just Slash and Richard (or Izzy would be ideal but not likely) for the guitar players.  They don't need a 3rd and i def. don't want Dave since he has never been in guns n roses and would just be weird.  Plus why would slash want to share his solos with someone else.

I don't think there will be 3 guitarists. It's just Richard and Slash from what I understand.

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't think there will be 3 guitarists. It's just Richard and Slash from what I understand.

thank god

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

No. Most likely not.

From what I understand, Adler was never a consideration, and neither was Sorum. Slash literally replaced DJ. It all happened very quickly, luckily and serendipitously. It's no bullshit there were plans for a tour and album for 16, DJ and Nikki Sixx fucked it up royally, but created the best possible scenario.

I'm just hoping it's not a quickie stadium tour. New album would be badass. Interesting that Slash wanted back in even though he has a bunch of stuff lined up with Myles and Conspirators.

Board footer