You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: DAVE MUSTAINE: 'It Would Be Terrific' If STEVEN ADLER And IZZY STRADLI

monkeychow wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

But James and Lars wrote majority of the stuff that truly broke the band big time.

I'd agree with that in the sense that it was the Black Album that crossed Metallica over to the general public consciousness and remains their most successful record. As far as I know, there's no suggesting Mustaine was involved with any of that music. So Metallica are definitely fame worthy in their own right.

That said - it's interesting to play "WHAT IF" - the Black Album was the 5th outing from Metallica.Had the first three records tanked entirely who knows if the label would have spent Bob Rock style money on them.....so they do owe Mustaine something for sure.

Dave is an incredible guitarist too, there's something about his style that's very unique. He's influenced a lot of players for sure.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: DAVE MUSTAINE: 'It Would Be Terrific' If STEVEN ADLER And IZZY STRADLI

metallex78 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I (personally) didn't say that Mustaine was responsible for everything. Obviously that would be nonsense, but most Metallica fans don't give him credit. They're convinced that by saying anything positive about Mustaine, that they'll be hurting Kirk's feelings.

I'm definitely fans of both.

Only one who seems to complain about all that stuff is Dave Mustaine himself... Lol

He's gotten credit for his contributions, and he's listed as co-writer on the songs he had hand in too.

And Megadeth are great. Their new album is great too!

Board footer