You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: RICHARD FORTUS And DIZZY REED Exit THE DEAD DAISIES

metallex78 wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Strange that Slash was at the rehearsal space a couple weeks ago and then these guys are just now heading that way??

I have to admit, pretty excited to see a Slash/Fortus combo.

I highly doubt that they weren't already there in that rehearsal space when Slash posted that.

My guess is that its now actually almost official that both Richard and Dizzy will be the part of this Guns line up, now that they've exited Dead Daisies.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

All good news. Without Izzy it would be silly to bring in somebody other than Richard. He knows the catalog, has been with the band for 15 years.

Dizzy should of course be there, even in an original 5 reunion.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Dizzy's involvement was no secret.    His wife and daughter was all over twitter about it when Coachella was announced.  Apparently his daughter is really looking forward to one of the bands playing that I/we are all too old to know or care about.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Been thinking about this more and it does suggest there's plans for a full tour.

I mean why quit your band for the sake of four shows.

Surely the daisies could accomodate Richard/Dizzy taking 4 nights off (ok maybe 7 with travel).

That they actually quit to do this says to me we're getting more than Vegas/Cochella.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Yea the rumor is a 25 date US tour and there are rumblings of summer festivals in Europe.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

They need to come to Australia lol

johndivney wrote:

So the dead daisies (what a shitty name for a band btw) are playing here next month. Fortus still in the band? He's in the promo pics..??
Thinking of going & heckling him.. Obnoxiously shout out requests for if the world..
If Diz is there then I'd be more likely to go, maybe buy the guy a drink. As long as he doesn't ask to sleep on my sofa..

Edit: never mind. I somehow forgot guns were playin stadiums next month haha what a numpty. Might still go to this gig.. Bit expensive tho for what it is & it's on a Thursday..

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Fortus was replaced by Doug Aldrich (formally of Whitesnake) smile

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I actually like the stuff, especially the second album is cool. not anything super great, but it's a cool listening smile

johndivney wrote:

The lineup seems better without fortus/dizzy. I might go..

Board footer