You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Civil War should be Trumps Campaign song and have GNR play it next week at the convention.

johndivney wrote:

Wtf ^

Explain. Please?

AtariLegend wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Before the EU referendum campaign here started, I would have loved to have seen UK political parties able to run these kind of adds.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Wtf ^

Explain. Please?

hahaha I just wanted to see GNR live in pro shot setting but that song deals with issues we are dealing with today!  America doesn't need to be divided but United!

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Wtf ^

Explain. Please?

hahaha I just wanted to see GNR live in pro shot setting but that song deals with issues we are dealing with today!  America doesn't need to be divided but United!

Trump is a uniter? It's been a long time since I've seen such a divisive candidate: not only is his rhetoric extremely divisive, the electorate is extremely divided about him as well. Civil War could be the anthem for an anti-Trump campaign, with it's quotes from MLK and a Peruvian communist (!) guerrilla fighter. Even the Cool Hand Luke sample seems to be a warning against the sort of authoritarian rhetoric that Trump stands for.

johndivney wrote:

Yea it's unusual to see such a flagrant misreading of a song as that idea.. Like wtf.. 10 14

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Yea it's unusual to see such a flagrant misreading of a song as that idea.. Like wtf.. 10 14

That is why it would be classic!

That said Obama has divided this country more than any president in my lifetime. This isn't up for debate.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Even yesterday Obama had to bring up Trayvon Martin and Alton Smith at a memorial for dead cops in a town having nothing to do with killing anyone...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Like the first part of Obama's speech was great then it went to shit. George Bush gave a great speech.

johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

That said Obama has divided this country more than any president in my lifetime. This isn't up for debate.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Even yesterday Obama had to bring up Trayvon Martin and Alton Smith at a memorial for dead cops in a town having nothing to do with killing anyone...

Oooook then.. neutral

Board footer