You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

TheMole wrote:
misterID wrote:

That was a good post, but the boarder issues between Mexico and the United States is MUCH different than Europe. We cannot afford an open boarder for a myriad of reasons.

I do understand that, but why the insane border controls between the US and Canada though? For comparison, this is part of the border between Belgium and The Netherlands:
Baarle-Nassau_fronti%C3%A8re_caf%C3%A9.jpg

It even goes straight through homes and stores:
uy0CX.jpg
grens87.jpg

Of course you can't do this with Mexico (yet), but why wouldn't this setup work with Canada? It's a way to set a standard that Mexico could aspire to if they want to participate in a unified North America.

misterID wrote:

And even if you refuse to acknowledge climate change exists, I think we can all agree pumping poison into the atmosphere is a bad thing?

Honestly, denying climate change (and the fact that man has an enormous impact on it) at this point is completely unacceptable. No need to go for watered down compromises, we need to just face the facts and take action.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

https://twitter.com/scottbix/status/758330394529959936

Pence was quick to try to not to become collateral damage in this one. Why didn't he run?

Paul Ryan runs for cover.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Isn't that... Treason?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

You guys are more worried about a cyber breach than what is in the emails. What they already uncovered wasn't good for Hilary. More will come.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You guys are more worried about a cyber breach than what is in the emails. What they already uncovered wasn't good for Hilary. More will come.

I admit, I'm worried about a Russian dictatorship backed presidential nominee asking Russia, a foreign country, to hack american servers for an opponents emails.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

His VP apparently is too.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I admit, I'm worried about a Russian dictatorship backed presidential nominee asking Russia, a foreign country, to hack american servers for an opponents emails.

Taken from a FOAF FB page:

In a political season of extraordinary developments, this one stands out.
A US Presidential candidate may have colluded with a hostile foreign government with the goal of seizing control of the country.
Let that sink in a moment.

Then look up the US Constitution, Article 3, Section 3

Not trying to start a witchhunt, but man it is shading onto a dicey situation.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Hillary breaks the law, Russians hack her and Trump is the bad guy? 14

Watch his statement. It's a joke for christ sake.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Hillary breaks the law, Russians hack her and Trump is the bad guy? 14

Watch his statement. It's a joke for christ sake.

Exactly!!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I thought the line about the Russians was pretty damn funny. I want them to uncover the shady shit she did as well... So embarrassing that they can hack us so easy. What a fucking joke.

Board footer